cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

AT76
Honored Guest
VIC. Ordered June 14th. Received 3rd October.

latearrival
Protege
Sorry guys need to vent... Was in house waiting for the delivery. Postman left a missed delivery notice without knocking. This is bad enough. Luckily I saw him stopped down the road and, missed delivery notice in hand, I ran over and asked him for my parcel. He said no! Said it was already scanned as missed delivery and I had to pick it up in from the post office late this afternoon. Unf***ing believable. /ventover

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest
"latearrival" wrote:
Sorry guys need to vent... Was in house waiting for the delivery. Postman left a missed delivery notice without knocking. This is bad enough. Luckily I saw him stopped down the road and, missed delivery notice in hand, I ran over and asked him for my parcel. He said no! Said it was already scanned as missed delivery and I had to pick it up in from the post office late this afternoon. Unf***ing believable. /ventover

Gotta love the postal service huh? Not much different here in NZ :evil:
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

Necrolust
Honored Guest
I've found FedEx in NZ to be extremely awesome. Used them a few times. When you aren't home they call you while they're at your property and ask if they can leave it somewhere.

They also leave a note on the door that you can sign and leave on the door to give them permission to leave it somewhere.

Granted you probably wouldn't want your rift left outside with nobody home, but that level of service is really god damn good.

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest
"Necrolust" wrote:
I've found FedEx in NZ to be extremely awesome. Used them a few times. When you aren't home they call you while they're at your property and ask if they can leave it somewhere.

They also leave a note on the door that you can sign and leave on the door to give them permission to leave it somewhere.

Granted you probably wouldn't want your rift left outside with nobody home, but that level of service is really god damn good.

That does sound like good service, I will have to keep them in mind. I'm used to couriers crudely signing for my packages themselves, then leaving them out in the rain :x
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

Otreum
Expert Protege
"McShanus" wrote:
"PopstarAhri" wrote:
Y my tracking page still says:

Wed 01 Oct 2014 11:18

Shipping information received by Australia Post

Delivery Manifest Cancelled

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mine still says this too :evil:

Same. You will find that you will probably get given a different tracking number after the initial one was split (since it was a pallet).

I just got an email from Oculus at 7:52am today saying my order has been shipped, and has a tracking info link, but on the AusPost website it says that no events are found.
I might have to give them a call and see what's going on.

"latearrival" wrote:

Probably because he didn't even have it in his van. Or he's a douchebag....More likely the latter.

The courier that comes up our road doesn't even get out of his van, he drops off a pickup slip by reaching out to our letterbox on the side of the road and drives off normally.
I went to wait up at the letter box for something about a month ago. As I walked up there, I saw the van coming, so I ran to meet him at the top of the driveway. He see's me, fumbles the pickup slip, drops it on the ground, doesn't even put it in the letter box, then floors it, tires screeching and all, because I was waving to him with a smile as if to say (wait up, that's for me (and I did actually shout out "Hey! That's for me!" as he drove off)).
Clearly he thought I was pumping my fists at him and gritting my teeth rather than smiling and waving....

A mate of mine worked for AusPost here in Coffs Harbour and was told not to worry about actually delivering, but just put pickup slips in letter boxes, as they can get far more done in their day so they can go home earlier. Sure, this is true, but my mate was there to work, he wanted the hours, and he wanted to work hard, not be a slacker. So he was actually delivering, but then his boss was giving him grief about it, saying that he takes too long to do his deliveries etc.
Ended up being this big ****storm between the higher up's, my mates boss, and my mate, and eventually my mate got the short end of the stick and was fired. He's now working for a different courier company who push their employees to actually deliver the goods, not the other way around, and he's happy.

So, Australia Post really don't deserve to be called Australia Post in my opinion.

End of rant 😛

foxinsox
Honored Guest
"latearrival" wrote:

That's ridiculous! No idea why they prefer to write a note rather than even attempt to deliver it. Must save them a few seconds per delivery :roll:

I was home once when a package was being delivered. Saw the van had pulled up, started walking to my front door as I heard the gentlest of knocks. I open the door and nobody is there, walk outside and see the guy power walking off. He didn't even have the package in his hand. I managed to collect it at least!
Ordered: August 3, 2014 Processing: October 21, 2014 Shipped: November 1, 2014 Delivered: November 3, 2014 Location: Australia

michealv
Explorer
My delivery is in initiated status with aus post
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )

Otreum
Expert Protege
Just got an email from Australia Post saying that the delivery is now "initiated".
And that shipping information was received by Australia Post at 10:38am this morning.

Should be here sometime next week, I just hope that VorpX works with Alien: Isolation 😛

leadsinga
Honored Guest
Well just changed my address details so when mine finally makes the list, it will come to my company office so at least someone will be there in the warehouse to collect with all our regular stuff ... hopefully that will make it quicker through customs etc in NZ as well ... gotta hope ... just like I have my fingers crossed the August orders start hitting the process mark soon ... 🙂
Order ID: CL-076**** Date: Aug 10, 2014 09:20 PM PDT Status: PENDING Date: Oct 22, 2014 09:20 PM PDT Status: PROCESSING