cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

r32godzilla
Honored Guest
Ordered June 22: Tracking number on 29th of Sep, delivered today 3 Oct around 8am! I'm playing on it now! FInally after 3+ months of waiting. Lost for words to describe how cool the DK2 is. can't imagine how awesome CV1 and future versions are going to be.

Hope you guys get yours soon! Keep ya chins up! 😄

Vercci
Honored Guest
"rippedgeek" wrote:
Just a quick FYI - same old shiz here, still saying "Delivery Manifest Cancelled" for all orders to New Zealand (according to AusPost). 0% Chance of having it before the weekend, and looking less likely even for next week with all the customs bullshit we have to go through here. How bloody long do we have to wait now?? FFS, I am a very patient guy, but this is starting to piss me off.

Rippedgeek
http://www.facebook.com/riftnz <- Join in!

Don't feel too bad. Even if it got into NZ, you'd still be waiting a week for the letter from NZ Post which has the number you need to release from Customs.

Unless you had gotten a customs broker, or did the magic they do of course.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

Necrolust
Honored Guest
"Vercci" wrote:
"rippedgeek" wrote:
Just a quick FYI - same old shiz here, still saying "Delivery Manifest Cancelled" for all orders to New Zealand (according to AusPost). 0% Chance of having it before the weekend, and looking less likely even for next week with all the customs bullshit we have to go through here. How bloody long do we have to wait now?? FFS, I am a very patient guy, but this is starting to piss me off.

Rippedgeek
http://www.facebook.com/riftnz <- Join in!

Don't feel too bad. Even if it got into NZ, you'd still be waiting a week for the letter from NZ Post which has the number you need to release from Customs.

Anyone to speed up this process without waiting for the letter? Like calling up NZ Post?

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest

Anyone to speed up this process without waiting for the letter? Like calling up NZ Post?

Hmm this is new to me, I've ordered a few items from overseas in the past and never had any dealings with customs before..
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest

Looks like good news to me guys 😄
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

Lightsteed
Honored Guest
Well i know for a fact one Dk2 was delivered in PERTH today... not mine unfortunately. Anyone else from WA get lucky today?

sunnyjum
Honored Guest
Mine arrived today and I'm in Perth. I posted on reddit so perhaps I'm the one you knew about already? I still need to pick it up due to a missed delivery.

edit: Ordered July 10

Lightsteed
Honored Guest
"sunnyjum" wrote:
Mine arrived today and I'm in Perth. I posted on reddit so perhaps I'm the one you knew about already? I still need to pick it up due to a missed delivery.

edit: Ordered July 10

Nup unless u are my girlfriends boss that makes 2 🙂
Haven't seen the parcel postie yet so hope is still with me!

jsndrs
Honored Guest
Mine got delivered in Mount Isa today. I say 'got delivered' because I wasn't home, but my mate in a neighbouring unit (who already has his) was home and waiting, and pretended to be me! No ID, no signature. Just in case anyone was doubting the crapness of Australia Post at this point. This time at least it worked in my favour, I would have had to wait until Tuesday. I may owe him some beverages. 😛

Anyway, so happy and excited to get started, hope the rest of you aren't waiting too much longer. I missed the previous batch when a bill direct debited on the worst possible day, costing me a two week delay (my bad). My friend had ordered a week after me and got his a fortnight ago, so it's good to finally get there.

Ordered: April 27
Shipped: September 29
Delivered: October 3

jamesrandom
Honored Guest
In Australia....... Ordered August 22nd........... Any ideas when I will physically receive the DK2????

Tried it at EB Expo today and really want it bad. :cry: 😄 :cry: 😄 :cry: 😄 :cry: 😄
Order Date: 22nd of August Where: Australia Status: Arrived (November 5th)