cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

fudspong
Explorer
Perth: people who ordered a month or more after me have had their rifts delivered, and mine hasn't even been picked up yet. What's going on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
New Zealand orders, what were your tracking updates?
Mine has shown the following:

- Picked up
- Arrived at overseas mail depot
- Left country of origin
- Arrived in New Zealand

I'm wondering if I will be caught by Customs, if it says anything different for that or not. It's shown that for four hours, I'm not sure where Customs fits in.

cabnz1
Honored Guest
Mine says that it's in Auckland as of 12.44pm NZ time - Just got to get it to Christchurch now. And yes, hopefully Customs don't hold it up.

Vercci
Honored Guest
"rodgerthat7" wrote:
New Zealand orders, what were your tracking updates?
Mine has shown the following:

- Picked up
- Arrived at overseas mail depot
- Left country of origin
- Arrived in New Zealand

I'm wondering if I will be caught by Customs, if it says anything different for that or not. It's shown that for four hours, I'm not sure where Customs fits in.

Check the auspost tracking number on NZPost tracker. On there it'll most likely say held for clearance tomorrow. A week later you'll receive a letter from NZ Post at the address the parcel is held by customs for some reason.

I'm only going to recommend that you give them the information needed to correctly calculate the GST on your DK2. There were issues with the last set of deliveries, I wouldn't bank on it getting past customs, nor people getting away with it if it keeps happening.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

cabnz1
Honored Guest
Mine just arrived 7:50 am in Christchurch NZ - Yay!

And Yay, Customs didn't hold it up, it must have gone straight through.

michealv
Explorer
Same here, although it hasn't arrived it skipped customs
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest
"Cabnz1" wrote:

Hmm where are you guys checking this? On the NZ post site? As my AusPost still says Auckland and I can't get the NZ post one to load.
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

momo21
Honored Guest
"Ataraxi4" wrote:
"Cabnz1" wrote:

Hmm where are you guys checking this? On the NZ post site? As my AusPost still says Auckland and I can't get the NZ post one to load.

The AU tracking number works on the nzpost website. Mine was attempted delivery this morning - if I had known it was going to skip customs then I would have stayed home!!

On the phone to Courierpost now to somehow work out how to get hold of it today!

Ataraxi4
Honored Guest
"momo21" wrote:

The AU tracking number works on the nzpost website. Mine was attempted delivery this morning - if I had known it was going to skip customs then I would have stayed home!!

On the phone to Courierpost now to somehow work out how to get hold of it today!

That's what I'd been trying but the site was down or something 😐

Has just come back up now though and mine's with a courier for delivery, yay! Will be watching out for them sneaky couriers like a hawk.

EDIT: Just arrived 😄 delivery was to Wellington for anyone still waiting. Now to finish up work and get stuck in!
Oculus Rift DK2 Order Date: Jul 3, 2014 01:39 PM PDT Status: DELIVERY COMPLETE Oct 6 11:20am PDT

Wodloo
Honored Guest
Looks like you guys have had a good run through customs, have fun.