Australian Shipping UPDATE? - Page 59 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Comments

• AT76AT76 Posts: 52
    Brain Burst
    VIC. Ordered June 14th. Received 3rd October.
  • latearrivallatearrival Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Sorry guys need to vent... Was in house waiting for the delivery. Postman left a missed delivery notice without knocking. This is bad enough. Luckily I saw him stopped down the road and, missed delivery notice in hand, I ran over and asked him for my parcel. He said no! Said it was already scanned as missed delivery and I had to pick it up in from the post office late this afternoon. Unf***ing believable. /ventover
  • Ataraxi4Ataraxi4 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Sorry guys need to vent... Was in house waiting for the delivery. Postman left a missed delivery notice without knocking. This is bad enough. Luckily I saw him stopped down the road and, missed delivery notice in hand, I ran over and asked him for my parcel. He said no! Said it was already scanned as missed delivery and I had to pick it up in from the post office late this afternoon. Unf***ing believable. /ventover

Gotta love the postal service huh? Not much different here in NZ :evil:
  • I've found FedEx in NZ to be extremely awesome. Used them a few times. When you aren't home they call you while they're at your property and ask if they can leave it somewhere.

They also leave a note on the door that you can sign and leave on the door to give them permission to leave it somewhere.

Granted you probably wouldn't want your rift left outside with nobody home, but that level of service is really god damn good.
    NerveGear
    Necrolust wrote:
    I've found FedEx in NZ to be extremely awesome. Used them a few times. When you aren't home they call you while they're at your property and ask if they can leave it somewhere.

They also leave a note on the door that you can sign and leave on the door to give them permission to leave it somewhere.

Granted you probably wouldn't want your rift left outside with nobody home, but that level of service is really god damn good.

That does sound like good service, I will have to keep them in mind. I'm used to couriers crudely signing for my packages themselves, then leaving them out in the rain :x
  • OtreumOtreum Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    McShanus wrote:
    Y my tracking page still says:

Wed 01 Oct 2014 11:18

Shipping information received by Australia Post

Delivery Manifest Cancelled

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Mine still says this too :evil:

Same. You will find that you will probably get given a different tracking number after the initial one was split (since it was a pallet).

I just got an email from Oculus at 7:52am today saying my order has been shipped, and has a tracking info link, but on the AusPost website it says that no events are found.
    I might have to give them a call and see what's going on.

Probably because he didn't even have it in his van. Or he's a douchebag....More likely the latter.

The courier that comes up our road doesn't even get out of his van, he drops off a pickup slip by reaching out to our letterbox on the side of the road and drives off normally.
    I went to wait up at the letter box for something about a month ago. As I walked up there, I saw the van coming, so I ran to meet him at the top of the driveway. He see's me, fumbles the pickup slip, drops it on the ground, doesn't even put it in the letter box, then floors it, tires screeching and all, because I was waving to him with a smile as if to say (wait up, that's for me (and I did actually shout out "Hey! That's for me!" as he drove off)).
    Clearly he thought I was pumping my fists at him and gritting my teeth rather than smiling and waving....

A mate of mine worked for AusPost here in Coffs Harbour and was told not to worry about actually delivering, but just put pickup slips in letter boxes, as they can get far more done in their day so they can go home earlier. Sure, this is true, but my mate was there to work, he wanted the hours, and he wanted to work hard, not be a slacker. So he was actually delivering, but then his boss was giving him grief about it, saying that he takes too long to do his deliveries etc.
    Ended up being this big ****storm between the higher up's, my mates boss, and my mate, and eventually my mate got the short end of the stick and was fired. He's now working for a different courier company who push their employees to actually deliver the goods, not the other way around, and he's happy.

So, Australia Post really don't deserve to be called Australia Post in my opinion.

End of rant :P
  • foxinsoxfoxinsox Posts: 54
    Brain Burst
    That's ridiculous! No idea why they prefer to write a note rather than even attempt to deliver it. Must save them a few seconds per delivery :roll:

I was home once when a package was being delivered. Saw the van had pulled up, started walking to my front door as I heard the gentlest of knocks. I open the door and nobody is there, walk outside and see the guy power walking off. He didn't even have the package in his hand. I managed to collect it at least!
    Ordered: August 3, 2014
    Processing: October 21, 2014
    Shipped: November 1, 2014
    Delivered: November 3, 2014
  • michealvmichealv Posts: 307
    My delivery is in initiated status with aus post
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )
  • OtreumOtreum Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just got an email from Australia Post saying that the delivery is now "initiated".
    And that shipping information was received by Australia Post at 10:38am this morning.

Should be here sometime next week, I just hope that VorpX works with Alien: Isolation :P
  • Well just changed my address details so when mine finally makes the list, it will come to my company office so at least someone will be there in the warehouse to collect with all our regular stuff ... hopefully that will make it quicker through customs etc in NZ as well ... gotta hope ... just like I have my fingers crossed the August orders start hitting the process mark soon ... :-)
    Order ID: CL-076****
    Date: Aug 10, 2014 09:20 PM PDT
    Date: Oct 22, 2014 09:20 PM PDT
  • r32godzillar32godzilla Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Ordered June 22: Tracking number on 29th of Sep, delivered today 3 Oct around 8am! I'm playing on it now! FInally after 3+ months of waiting. Lost for words to describe how cool the DK2 is. can't imagine how awesome CV1 and future versions are going to be.

Hope you guys get yours soon! Keep ya chins up! :D
  • VercciVercci Posts: 85
    rippedgeek wrote:
    Just a quick FYI - same old shiz here, still saying "Delivery Manifest Cancelled" for all orders to New Zealand (according to AusPost). 0% Chance of having it before the weekend, and looking less likely even for next week with all the customs bullshit we have to go through here. How bloody long do we have to wait now?? FFS, I am a very patient guy, but this is starting to piss me off.

Rippedgeek
    http://www.facebook.com/riftnz <- Join in!
    Don't feel too bad. Even if it got into NZ, you'd still be waiting a week for the letter from NZ Post which has the number you need to release from Customs.

Unless you had gotten a customs broker, or did the magic they do of course.
    NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT
  • Vercci wrote:
    rippedgeek wrote:
    Just a quick FYI - same old shiz here, still saying "Delivery Manifest Cancelled" for all orders to New Zealand (according to AusPost). 0% Chance of having it before the weekend, and looking less likely even for next week with all the customs bullshit we have to go through here. How bloody long do we have to wait now?? FFS, I am a very patient guy, but this is starting to piss me off.

Rippedgeek
    http://www.facebook.com/riftnz <- Join in!
    Don't feel too bad. Even if it got into NZ, you'd still be waiting a week for the letter from NZ Post which has the number you need to release from Customs.

Anyone to speed up this process without waiting for the letter? Like calling up NZ Post?
    NerveGear

Anyone to speed up this process without waiting for the letter? Like calling up NZ Post?

Hmm this is new to me, I've ordered a few items from overseas in the past and never had any dealings with customs before..
    NerveGear
    qhfwuDl.jpg

Looks like good news to me guys :D
  • LightsteedLightsteed Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Well i know for a fact one Dk2 was delivered in PERTH today... not mine unfortunately. Anyone else from WA get lucky today?
  • Mine arrived today and I'm in Perth. I posted on reddit so perhaps I'm the one you knew about already? I still need to pick it up due to a missed delivery.

edit: Ordered July 10
  • LightsteedLightsteed Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    sunnyjum wrote:
    Mine arrived today and I'm in Perth. I posted on reddit so perhaps I'm the one you knew about already? I still need to pick it up due to a missed delivery.

edit: Ordered July 10

Nup unless u are my girlfriends boss that makes 2 :)
    Haven't seen the parcel postie yet so hope is still with me!
  • jsndrsjsndrs Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Mine got delivered in Mount Isa today. I say 'got delivered' because I wasn't home, but my mate in a neighbouring unit (who already has his) was home and waiting, and pretended to be me! No ID, no signature. Just in case anyone was doubting the crapness of Australia Post at this point. This time at least it worked in my favour, I would have had to wait until Tuesday. I may owe him some beverages. :P

Anyway, so happy and excited to get started, hope the rest of you aren't waiting too much longer. I missed the previous batch when a bill direct debited on the worst possible day, costing me a two week delay (my bad). My friend had ordered a week after me and got his a fortnight ago, so it's good to finally get there.

Ordered: April 27
    Shipped: September 29
    Delivered: October 3
  • jamesrandomjamesrandom Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    In Australia....... Ordered August 22nd........... Any ideas when I will physically receive the DK2????

Tried it at EB Expo today and really want it bad. :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry: :D
    Order Date: 22nd of August
    Where: Australia
  • fudspongfudspong Posts: 382
    Brain Burst
    Perth: people who ordered a month or more after me have had their rifts delivered, and mine hasn't even been picked up yet. What's going on?
  • rodgerthat7rodgerthat7 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    New Zealand orders, what were your tracking updates?
    Mine has shown the following:

- Picked up
    - Arrived at overseas mail depot
    - Left country of origin
    - Arrived in New Zealand

I'm wondering if I will be caught by Customs, if it says anything different for that or not. It's shown that for four hours, I'm not sure where Customs fits in.
  • cabnz1cabnz1 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Mine says that it's in Auckland as of 12.44pm NZ time - Just got to get it to Christchurch now. And yes, hopefully Customs don't hold it up.
  • VercciVercci Posts: 85
    New Zealand orders, what were your tracking updates?
    Mine has shown the following:

- Picked up
    - Arrived at overseas mail depot
    - Left country of origin
    - Arrived in New Zealand

I'm wondering if I will be caught by Customs, if it says anything different for that or not. It's shown that for four hours, I'm not sure where Customs fits in.
    Check the auspost tracking number on NZPost tracker. On there it'll most likely say held for clearance tomorrow. A week later you'll receive a letter from NZ Post at the address the parcel is held by customs for some reason.

I'm only going to recommend that you give them the information needed to correctly calculate the GST on your DK2. There were issues with the last set of deliveries, I wouldn't bank on it getting past customs, nor people getting away with it if it keeps happening.
    NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT
  • cabnz1cabnz1 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Mine just arrived 7:50 am in Christchurch NZ - Yay!

And Yay, Customs didn't hold it up, it must have gone straight through.
  • michealvmichealv Posts: 307
    Same here, although it hasn't arrived it skipped customs
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )
    NerveGear
    cabnz1 wrote:

Hmm where are you guys checking this? On the NZ post site? As my AusPost still says Auckland and I can't get the NZ post one to load.
  • momo21momo21 Posts: 5
    Ataraxi4 wrote:
    cabnz1 wrote:

Hmm where are you guys checking this? On the NZ post site? As my AusPost still says Auckland and I can't get the NZ post one to load.

The AU tracking number works on the nzpost website. Mine was attempted delivery this morning - if I had known it was going to skip customs then I would have stayed home!!

On the phone to Courierpost now to somehow work out how to get hold of it today!
    NerveGear
    momo21 wrote:
    The AU tracking number works on the nzpost website. Mine was attempted delivery this morning - if I had known it was going to skip customs then I would have stayed home!!

On the phone to Courierpost now to somehow work out how to get hold of it today!

That's what I'd been trying but the site was down or something :|

Has just come back up now though and mine's with a courier for delivery, yay! Will be watching out for them sneaky couriers like a hawk.

EDIT: Just arrived :D delivery was to Wellington for anyone still waiting. Now to finish up work and get stuck in!
  • WodlooWodloo Posts: 32
    Looks like you guys have had a good run through customs, have fun.