cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-Sync Conflict with Oculus Drivers/Software

Iano
Honored Guest
I purchased a G-Sync compatible monitor and couldn't get it working until I stumbled upon this thread and removed all Oculus drivers/software from my PC.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/754447/geforce-drivers/gsync-and-the-latest-beta-driver-340...
40 REPLIES 40

Easty
Honored Guest
Same issue with me for 344.11 nv drivers and 780ti.

Fisabling gsync in control panel as no effect. still crashes every game.

Conz
Explorer
Same here :
ASUS PG278Q + GTX980 (driver:344.16) on win7 64
Crashes most games (Direct X) when g-sync is on. Including the g-sync demo by nvidia.

One other question about the PG278Q:
Since the screen has no 75HZ, which refreshrate do you recommend with the rift as 2nd screen instead? The maximum 144HZ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
gsync seems to work with gtx 980 with the oculus driver installed.

using 344.16 drivers and 4.2 oculus runtime.

Only time I had the issue was with gtx 780 ti

sofakng
Honored Guest
Mine doesn't work at all.

I'm using 344.16 with my GTX 980 and if I install the Oculus Runtime (0.4.2) then g-sync doesn't work. If I enable g-sync, then every game crashes and I get flickering lines, etc.

However, if I disable g-sync it works, and if I uninstall the Oculus Runtime then g-sync works again.

EDIT: Uninstalling just the display driver didn't work. I need to uninstall the entire runtime for it to start working again...

unmeaty
Honored Guest
Well. This is troubling.

I have a ROG Swift due to be in stock in three days, but uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus Rutime every time I switch between the two is not exactly ideal.

Cyber, any idea if this is being looked at on OVR's end? I don't want to drop $800 on a monitor that isn't compatible with 0.4.2, especially since I already have a 27" WQHD IPS monitor capable of OC'ing to 75Hrz as is. I just wanted this thing for the G-sync and refresh rate.

@conz - you can't create a custom resolution to use 75Hz on that monitor through the Nvidia control panel?

Conz
Explorer
"unmeaty" wrote:

@conz - you can't create a custom resolution to use 75Hz on that monitor through the Nvidia control panel?

Just tested it.
I have created a custom 75Hz resolution, but with the test button in the controll panel, the screen is getting no signal. 😞
So it doesn't seem to work.

unmeaty
Honored Guest
Mmm. That sucks. Cancelling my order, I hope they sort the G-Sync issues out soon, but in the meantime I'll stick with my $300 Korean monitor. Highly recommended for working with Oculus, it OC's to 75Hz no problem.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@conz: Sometimes you need to pick a lower resolution to enable 75Hz mode (not custom, just look in the drop-down menu). For example 1280x1024.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sofakng
Honored Guest
Cyberreality,

That doesn't solve the problem of 1080p/gsync not working though 😞

Installing the oculus rift runtime breaks the nvidia gsync...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I understand. The guys here said the only way to fix it is to get a g-sync monitor in the office so we can replicate the issue. And there is a lot of other stuff going on right now, so it kind of got lost in the shuffle. I will try to get on them though cause I would like to see this fixed myself.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV