cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

genetransfer
Explorer
"Vercci" wrote:
If you can't, why ask?

I'm sure I had a reason for asking a question or I wouldn't have asked it...but...
because I want to keep up to speed while I'm saving up. when I ordered dk1 last year I had to wait 12 weeks (not complaining) and then by the time I got mine production got sped up and the wait was like a week or two, so was wanting to see if it was at that stage yet in reference for the future when I will have the money for it.

Gomisan
Honored Guest
I ordered Aug 11th when the estimate was for September, but I hadnt read up enough to realise that their estimates were way way off.

I'm now hopeful that I may make it into the next batch.. whenever that is.
Location: Adelaide, Australia Order Date: Aug 13, 2014 Status: DELIVERED

fudspong
Explorer
Unless you're a dev and NEED to test your work, cancel your order and wait for CV1. Trust me. As it stands, the DK2 is not a viable gaming device. Way too low res and the SDE is so in your face it's ridiculous. I don't understand how people can game with it on, there is absolutely no sense of presence and everything just looks fake. To add context, I'm a VR fan and can't wait for the version with no SDE and high resolution per eye, I'm just warning people not to expect too much because they WILL be disappointed unless they have really low standards.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
People simply ought to go into this with realistic expectations. Lots of people really enjoy their DK2s and actually have a lot of fun.

It isn't perfect. There are some bugs. Not everyone has fixed up their apps to work in direct mode. Not all apps support it yet. At the time it was designed, it used the best display available and gosh, a higher resolution version came available over the summer for Crescent Bay to be demoed with. Who would have thought that could possibly happen with a development kit?

But anyone who is tempted to cancel just because one guy is upset that the resolution doesn't meet his expectations possibly should go ahead and cancel. It is a dev kit. It is not a consumer product. But it is the best you can get right now without spending tens of thousands of dollars.

People should make up their own minds.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

fudspong
Explorer
"ThreeEyes" wrote:
one guy is upset that the resolution doesn't meet his expectations

I'm not "upset that the resolution doesn't meet my expectations", I'm giving other people the chance to lower theirs. There are a lot of people in this world and the chances are high that at least a few of them are like me, and I'm sure they would appreciate the heads-up. Yet another patronising post from someone who makes a real habit of them.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"fudspong" wrote:
Yet another patronising post from someone who makes a real habit of them.

I didn't think this post of yours was patronizing at all. :lol:
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
"fudspong" wrote:
As it stands, the DK2 is not a viable gaming device. Way too low res and the SDE is so in your face it's ridiculous. I don't understand how people can game with it on, there is absolutely no sense of presence and everything just looks fake.

The difference DK2 to CV1 being? Just a resolution upgrade? 1920x1080 -> 2500x1440 25% more horiz, 40% more vert.
The DK2 could well be viable for those without sli 980s and 500usd motherboards plus the damn chip which can not be
hyperthreaded anyway (so might as well be a i5).

foxinsox
Honored Guest
"pjenness" wrote:
I read that the oceania batch is processed with NA and then forwarded on.
Does that sound correct from the last round?

I'm not sure, but I hope so. A new NA batch has just arrived and they're starting to receive their emails now.

Otherwise, maybe we'll have an update next week?
Ordered: August 3, 2014 Processing: October 21, 2014 Shipped: November 1, 2014 Delivered: November 3, 2014 Location: Australia

bedgie
Explorer
Yeah good luck with that, Europe are whining about NA getting their's before them. And still no word from oculus on what is going on with shipping.
Order ID: GK-251**** Date: Aug 8, 2014 08:20 AM PDT Status: Delivered

pjenness
Rising Star
"foxinsox" wrote:
"pjenness" wrote:
I read that the oceania batch is processed with NA and then forwarded on.
Does that sound correct from the last round?

I'm not sure, but I hope so. A new NA batch has just arrived and they're starting to receive their emails now.

Otherwise, maybe we'll have an update next week?

Either way..good news since that is one turn in the cycle EU -> NA -> ?
So either Asia or Oceania will follow (if thats how it works)

-P
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349