cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

Abishai
Honored Guest
Hi, I received mine a couple weeks ago. Same "no device attached" trouble. I tried every solution possible, tried on several different machines both macs and PCs at work, even switched cables with a couple another (working) DK2s at work and had a friend check it for me at home... So mine's briked for sure 😞 I'll have to wait support for a replacement.

dedomraz
Explorer
Hello guys,

my oculus worked fine until I installed new driver for my video card. After reboot i got the same message as you. So I checked my dysplay drivers in device manager and there was two ATI cards. One of them was not installed properly ( ! in yellow triangle) if i clicked on driver update button, it shows up message that driver have last updates, so I uninstalled driver for this one dysplay adapter and let windows found it and install it on its own. Then i updated drivers for newest through device manager and it works now.
Hope I helped and sorry for my bad english.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sounds like a defective unit to me (especially if you tried on multiple computers with the same problem).

Please contact Oculus support. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a ticket open with support for some time now...
Basically i updated to the latest SDK, but then read that i also needed to update the firmware for best results.
The firmware update failed once, failed twice, then my pc (or any pc) can no longer detect my rift.
I've also tried, upon support's request, to try other SDKs, which I did, with no luck.
Now they have asked for my debug log.
I guess I'm curious how long before I can send back my rift to get repaired?
I understand that they want to try everything they can to try to resolve the problem without me having to send it in.. but it seems inevitable at this point..
I've been rift-less for 3 weeks now, and I just want to get resolution so i can start go back to developing and demoing the hardware. :?

josephthewhite
Honored Guest
now that 0.4.2 is released the patched OVRService_x86 referenced earlier in this thread that was a work-around for the 'bundle adjustment - SetupHMD failed' error no longer works.. I'm back to No Device Attached.

Now this wouldn't be such an issue.. except that all new demos/games require 0.4.2...

Can anyone upload an updated patched 0.4.2 OVRService_x86 for me to use?

I really do not want to send this back for a replacement but its looking like it is the only option going forward - please correct me if I am wrong?

DcVertice
Honored Guest
Hi people

I have the same problem with the NDA. Could somebody put the link to the RMA tickets? I don't find the link in the webpage.

lancestorm86
Honored Guest
Good day friends. I have a huge problem. Today the whole day playing with Oculus different games, and at the end of the day, my oculus light up yellow light and is no longer included. Oculus in the config utility writes nodevicheattached. okulusservisemanager also did not help. Help please!!!!!

thunchald
Honored Guest
I've had my Rift for 4 days and didn't even realize that the camera wasn't working until I read about being able to lean in and look at things. My camera wasn't powering on. I had an entry under "Imaging Devices" in devmgmt.msc titled "Oculus Positional Tracker", but in the Oculus config utility it said "waiting for Camera". No power lights showed up on the camera.

Tried multiple things like plugging into different USB ports. Also disconnected my Logitech mouse and uninstalled Logitech from add/remove programs. Still no luck.

What fixed it for me was from about page 4 of this thread. Now it shows up in device manager under "Oculus VR Devices" as "Oculus Video Camera" and works correctly. For the first time, I can actually lean in and look at stuff in the config utility and am about to try others:

My Fix: http://static.oculus.com/sdk-downloads/Oculus+VR+Camera+Installer.exe

(I'm using SDK 0.4.2 currently)

JKay6969
Honored Guest
Is anyone here who is having problems with the Rift not being detected running Windows 10 developer preview?

If so it could very well be that causing the problem.

I am running Windows 10 and after hearing about a new update I decided to try it out. I had to select FAST upgrades and scan for updates. This resulted in windows 10 updating itself and breaking Rift compatibility. The Rift screen is on showing the desktop like it does but the Oculus Configuration Tool couldn't detect the Rift and nothing would run on the Rift. I didn't initially realise this was due to the upgrade so I spent some time reinstalling drivers, checking cables, uninstalling software, etc, etc. But nothing worked. This is when I figured the upgrade could have caused it and reinstalled windows and it worked.

Just a heads up, Rift works fine with windows 10 STABLE release, not with FAST update.

Also if you are having issues getting the Rift to be detected plug the camera's USB cable into a powered USB hub, not directly into the PC, that works for me. Even now if I plug the camera directly into my PC the Rift stops working and isn't detected.

I hope this is of help to you all.
CPU: Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 2400MHz GPU: Powercolor PCS+ OC R9 290X 4GB DK2: Delivered LENSES: Scratched SOLUTION: Let me buy replacememnts :idea:

l0l0
Honored Guest
I was having the issue where it would not detect the HMD. I could get video to the device in extended mode, but whatever USB port/cable I tried it all resulted in the same HIDDevice Error 23.

I finally found a solution (someone suggested something similar a couple of pages back, but I can't find it to quote it).

I connected up the Rift, looked for the "USB Generic Device" in the list of devices in Device Manager that the HID for the Rift was attached to and uninstalled it. An easy way to do this is to start the OVRServer_x64 from the command line and note the Hardware ID being used by the HID device (and use that to match to the USB generic device). Then I rebooted the computer. After the computer started, I fired up the Oculus config and voila, it finally detected the unit. Hope this helps.