DarthDisembowel
Protege
UPDATE
Fixed head tracking lag
Highlighted edges of ramps for better visibility
Fixed AI avoidance
Smoothed physics issues
Added title screen and space for health and safety warning

Win32, Win64, Mac, and Linux (Mac and Linux completely untested)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8wqakgewh59e/TRON
https://share.oculusvr.com/app/tron-light-cycles

Based on the TRON: Legacy film, this game pays tribute to the light cycle arena sequence. There are two levels with connecting ramps. One AI opponent at a time will continuously respawn on death.

Pretty simple and straightforward for now; just try and cut off the AI opponent with your light trails.

Controls (gamepad/keyboard):
Right trigger or W or Up arrow = speed up
Left trigger or S or Down arrow = slow down
Start or R = respawn
Back or Space= recenter view
D-Pad left/right or Q and E = change light cycle color

Known issues:
After a while the head tracking starts to lag for some reason (if anyone has any ideas why, please let me know)
Physics can start to get iffy after awhile, possibly due to distance from center of the world.

Future plans:
Scoreboard
Mulitplayer
Multiple AI
Disc jousting/slashing
Maybe a "Classic" mode using the original bikes and 90-degree turns
39 REPLIES 39

Lurch666
Honored Guest
Very nice.Bike are a little slow even at top speed and would prefer it if the light trails were infinite but great fun.
Noticed that sometimes enemies seem to get stuck on a outer wall and seem to turn into a bright point of light (maybe stuck in an explosion).

Tanshin
Explorer
This is a really good reproduction of light cycles. I had a blast taking out the competition. but like above, around the second or third AI, they will get stuck and stop moving.

Awesome so far!!

DarthDisembowel
Protege
Yeah sorry about that,it's a physics glitch I had solved for the ramps but neglected to apply to the walls. Just reset with Start when it happens, they usually manage to avoid the walls. Be sure to avoid the walls yourself since the same bug applies to the player's bike as well.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks like fun.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vrcover
Explorer
Love the graphics. I think this art style works very well with the Oculus. Especially in the beginning when FPS will matter a lot.

gibran
Honored Guest
Very cool! Arena has a nice grand feel to it and the lightcycles look great.

Only strange thing - if I turn my head too quickly, I see a black space while the graphics work to catch up (i.e. if I snap my head to the right, I see a chunk of black space in the right-most area of my visual field). Sometimes this is accompanied by a little bounce, where the visual field overcompensates by going over where I looked and then bouncing back (i.e. if I snap my head up, the visual field will go too far up, then bounce back to the proper location)

. I'm running on a GTX 970 so I don't think my hardware is the issue, but obviously could be wrong on that. Anyone else getting this?

DarthDisembowel
Protege
Yeah, that's what I meant by the head tracking lag. I admit I'm a little baffled by that one. It only happens after playing for several minutes, so the workaround is to relaunch the application for now.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on that. Profiling hasn't turned anything up so far. I'll try scrapping the OVR setup and start from scratch.

thrillhouse900
Honored Guest
Yeah I've noticed that lag in other Unity demos as well. It starts when you reload the level right? Dying or pressing Start causes me to lag reaaaal bad
DK2: Processing. 9:51AM

costersall
Honored Guest
Another silky smooth demo, thanks again! Hope you are still working on Endor 😉