cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Pac-Man

nrvllrgrs
Honored Guest
VR Pac-Man! Need I say more! I followed the Pac-Man Dossier in order to implement different personalities for Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Cylde. If there are any bugs, please let me know.

For the record, Pac-Man is a Namco property. All hail Pac-Man!

Known issues:
* Ghosts occasional get stuck in the tunnel teleporter
* Fruit is a box
* Levels do not progressively become more challenging

--- Edit ---
Here's a video.
16 REPLIES 16

Frito
Explorer
wooooooow dude that was crazy!!!
Those ""ghosts"" scared the s*it out of me when I first saw them
great demo, i would go for neon yellow " dots" 8-)
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

drash
Heroic Explorer
Took me a while to realize there's a map of uneaten dots on the right side, that was a big help. 🙂 I passed the first level but then got eaten somewhere in the 2nd. VR highlights just how frantic Pac-Man really is! Nice work on the level infrastructure and implementing so much of the actual gameplay. I probably didn't look hard enough but I didn't see any fruits/boxes, but then I was too busy vacuuming up dots. 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

meanfig
Honored Guest
Great demo!! I fell like wreck it ralph, like you are in the arcade game. Very Cool
I GOT'S TWO!

sven
Protege
Screenshots?

Anonymous
Not applicable
currently the hud is only drew on one eye - level 1 on left, and the map on right. that cause cause uncomfortable glitching for me.

i'm missing the option to choose resolution and level of detail.
i don't really like the idea of robots in pac-man - if you could change them to 3D ghost models that would be nice 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing that. I think these sort of graphics show the potential for VR Games that aren't trying to be as realistic as possible. Proton Pulse and Gravity Well are two of the current best VR Games. Though, I just have to throw in my usual comment, that games involving lots of forced rotation I find to be unpleasant, and I think they will be pretty unpleasant for the masses also.

nrvllrgrs
Honored Guest
"Pixel3D" wrote:
currently the hud is only drew on one eye - level 1 on left, and the map on right. that cause cause uncomfortable glitching for me.

Does one HUD element cause you more discomfort than the other? I can agree with the "Level 1 Ready!" when the game first loads.

ReverendKyle
Honored Guest
I dig this man. Very cool.

A few suggestions:
-Show me on the map. Maybe a yellow dot to indicate my location.
-Make the balls bigger.
-Make the ghost eater balls a different color maybe?

Again, I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Have you listened to the Rev VR Podcast yet? Listen and subscribe through iTunes or through Stitcher http://www.reverendkyle.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
"nrvllrgrs" wrote:
"Pixel3D" wrote:

Does one HUD element cause you more discomfort than the other? I can agree with the "Level 1 Ready!" when the game first loads.

well, it just doesn't feel right when only one eye see it.. perhaps put level 1 ready in the center of the screen, and make it disappear after few seconds?