New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

Comments

• NosherNosher Posts: 167
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nosher wrote:
    Just got an email......

Order ID: AO-xxxxxxxxx

Ordered:- Oct 19, 2014 11:19 AM PDT

Status:PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges.

This typically takes 2-4 business days.

...........bloody hellfire, that was quick......

:D

Nosh (From the UK)

Just got home from work - very tiresome day - met with an email from UPS - delivery 3rd Nov 2014.

Ordered 19th Oct
    Processed 29th Oct
    Shipped 31st Oct
    Due 3rd Nov

United Kingdom

Thanks Oculus!

I really feel for the guys / gals still waiting..... :(

OK, off to start reading up on getting this working on Project Cars!!

***EDIT*** - just noticed the tracking from the parcel started in Feltham!? Are these being assembled in the UK now???? Just curious... (Feltham doesn't have a port or airport to my knowledge!!)

Nosh
  • update:

Dk2 ordered 22/10/2014
    Pending status

10/29/2014
    Ready Status --- > Processing

31/10/2014
    I have not received the email of shipment from the oculus of the team but I received the tracking from UPS and the package and on the go ! delivery scheduled for 05.11.2014

Italy
  • JoewaJoewa Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I've just got an Australia Post tracking number from Oculus. Auspost's tracking system is not super verbose - apparently it'll just say "in transit" until it says "delivered" - so I'm wondering if the fact that it's apparently in transit with Australia Post means that it's actually in the country on the way to my house, or whether it could still be overseas. Anybody know?
  • dk2 ordered 13/09
    processed 21/10
    shipping & in country - 31/10

looking forward to next week :)

Australia
  • Joewa wrote:
    I've just got an Australia Post tracking number from Oculus. Auspost's tracking system is not super verbose - apparently it'll just say "in transit" until it says "delivered" - so I'm wondering if the fact that it's apparently in transit with Australia Post means that it's actually in the country on the way to my house, or whether it could still be overseas. Anybody know?

They have been in Australia for almost 2 weeks.
    Ordered: 28 Sep, 2014
    ETA: 11 Nov, 2014
    ARRIVED: 13 Nov, 2014
  • so people who ordered theirs before me they are shipped today shouldn't mine be shipped?
    ordered - Oct 15 th
    ready - oct 28 th
    prossessing - oct 29th
    shioped - Nov 19 th
  • Gods3ntGods3nt Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    What's the estimated date on the next shipment?
  • TheAtomicFistTheAtomicFist Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Ordered August 19th and received rift today on 31st of October, was in processing for about a week and a half. Status never changed to shipping nor I receive a tracking code. The Oculus Rift just appeared outside.

• DannySwishDannySwish Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ordered August 19th and received rift today on 31st of October, was in processing for about a week and a half. Status never changed to shipping nor I receive a tracking code. The Oculus Rift just appeared outside.

*Giddiness intensifies*
    s6n5lt.jpg
    Intel i7 4770k | GTX 980
  • CreshoCresho Posts: 8
    I ordered mines on the 24th of October. I'm wondering when the next shipment will be or should I jump ship from dk2 to crescent bay? I would love to surprised if I receive the new one over dk2. I wonder how this works?!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Cresho wrote:
    I ordered mines on the 24th of October. I'm wondering when the next shipment will be or should I jump ship from dk2 to crescent bay? I would love to surprised if I receive the new one over dk2. I wonder how this works?!

Crescent Bay is not and likely will not be available to the public. It hasn't even been ten days in your case, and orders are flying now, so it shouldn't be more than another few weeks at most.
    s6n5lt.jpg
    Intel i7 4770k | GTX 980
  • Greetings,

I will be changing shipping addresses in about 12 days. Should I withhold from buying here and try a private reseller?

Thank you for any advice,
    Blake
  • Use an address that won't change. Eg Employer

Or

Just wait until you move. The shipping delays seem to be solved outside Australia
  • cg439cg439 Posts: 65

Interesting. I wonder if my DK2 also had a similar process occur? I'll be on the lookout today in case mailman delivers, assuming I don't receive an email from Oculus with tracking number today.
    Ordered: August 18, 2014
    Processing: October 19, 2014
    Shipped: ???
    Delivered: November 6, 2014
    Playing: NOW!
  • Ordered: 26th Oct
    Processed: 29th Oct
    Shipped: 31st Oct
    Due: 3rd Nov

Hiro Protagonist
    FINALLY.

UPS sent me a notification that a package will be delivered on Monday, November 3rd. It kept me in suspense ever since October 30th, the day the label apparently was created. Gee, thanks, UPS. Gosh.

Anyway, sign up for My UPS if you haven't already. It's free and it'll alert you when your package is shipped, probably based on your address. I didn't get an email from Oculus that it shipped, and the status still shows "Processing," but there we go. A shame they don't deliver on Sunday.

This is gonna be a looong day. :D

Edit: Oh, and thanks for putting up with my whining. It's a luxury I rarely afford myself, and I indulged heartily. :lol:
    s6n5lt.jpg
    Intel i7 4770k | GTX 980
  • Ordered: 29th September

Kind of disheartening seeing all of these posts who's orders are processed and shipped within the week. Hopefully Oceanic customers can get some love in the coming weeks, considering Europe and US seem to be relatively up to date?
  • Robafett wrote:
    Ordered: 29th September

Kind of disheartening seeing all of these posts who's orders are processed and shipped within the week. Hopefully Oceanic customers can get some love in the coming weeks, considering Europe and US seem to be relatively up to date?

That's an understatement. They are almost getting them next day delivered off the shelf.
  • NosherNosher Posts: 167
    Hiro Protagonist
    DannySwish wrote:
    FINALLY.

nice one mate ! :)
  • I just ordered mine on the worst day ever.

October 28th... so anyone know the time frame ill be getting it?

thanks in advance.
  • I just ordered mine on the worst day ever.

thanks in advance.
    depnds how lucky you are haha any where from 1-8 weeks
    ordered - Oct 15 th
    ready - oct 28 th
    prossessing - oct 29th
    shioped - Nov 19 th
  • kedo1209 wrote:
    I just ordered mine on the worst day ever.

thanks in advance.

so if I'm unlucky, the full 8 weeks. awesome lol better than months!!
  • kedo1209 wrote:
    I just ordered mine on the worst day ever.

thanks in advance.

so if I'm unlucky, the full 8 weeks. awesome lol better than months!!
    haha well oculus is working very hard on the orders and they are going fast so you probably wont have to wait that long
    ordered - Oct 15 th
    ready - oct 28 th
    prossessing - oct 29th
    shioped - Nov 19 th
  • IanCRIanCR Posts: 3
    Has anyone been updated that ordered their rift on October 24th?
  • I ordered on August 13, and am still in 'Processing', and have been for some time. So, 90% of all orders were placed before Aug 13?
  • ratman150ratman150 Posts: 53
    Brain Burst
    I ordered on August 13, and am still in 'Processing', and have been for some time. So, 90% of all orders were placed before Aug 13?

If it makes you feel any better about the new people getting their orders first...They are ordering before Aug 2015 :)
    ~The Rat has spoken~
  • depends where you are from , i am from UK , europe.

ordered on october 26th 2014
    got my UPS tracking number and i am expecting delivery tomorrow of my new oculus rift. :D

so depends what region you are in too.
  • cg439cg439 Posts: 65
    I ordered on August 13, and am still in 'Processing', and have been for some time. So, 90% of all orders were placed before Aug 13?
    Try messaging cyberreality. They mentioned that if you have issues and went into processing around October 19-20 to message them and they can maybe help check on your order for you. Apparently these orders should have shipped out during the past few days.
    Ordered: August 18, 2014
    Processing: October 19, 2014
    Shipped: ???
    Delivered: November 6, 2014
    Playing: NOW!
  • i have had no update hopfully it shipped will see tomorrow when they are back in the office
    ordered - Oct 15 th
    ready - oct 28 th
    prossessing - oct 29th
    shioped - Nov 19 th
  • genetransfergenetransfer Posts: 605
    Hiro Protagonist
    IanCR wrote:
    Has anyone been updated that ordered their rift on October 24th?
    ordered the same day, still pending.