Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darknet

EMcNeill
Honored Guest

Darknet Website

Twitter | Facebook | Reddit

Darknet (formerly Ciess, winner of the Oculus VR Jam) is a puzzle/strategy game that casts you as a "Hollywood hacker". It takes inspiration from cyberpunk classics like TRON, Neuromancer, The Matrix, and Johnny Mnemonic.

I'm proud to say that I just finished the Gear VR launch version of Darknet! It should appear as a launch title when the Gear VR hardware is released. The store won't have any payment system at launch, but instead of releasing a limited version or a demo, I've decided to just give the whole game away for free to the early adopters who buy a Gear VR in these first few weeks.

I plan on posting some updates and videos here while I wait for the hardware launch. As always, I'm happy to answer questions about the game too. 🙂
21 REPLIES 21

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great stuff.

I'm so excited about this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

drash
Heroic Explorer
Same here, very excited for this. Ciess was one of the very first standout VR experiences to contain deep gameplay, so I'm grateful you kept going with it to make DarkNet. I appreciate the risk you are taking releasing the whole thing for free for a while -- best of luck!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

mdude04
Honored Guest
I will be a day-one downloader! Looks great. I am a newb when it comes to VR but I am super excited about the Gear VR and can't wait to try this out.

EMcNeill
Honored Guest
Just posted a 10-minute video tour of the Gear VR version of Darknet:

HomerS66
Expert Protege
Very nice, now the only task is to get the Gear VR before christmas, here in europe. Don't laugh, i know a bit optimistic -.-

drash
Heroic Explorer
This game is amazingly well done, and very fun. I keep going back for more! 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

EMcNeill
Honored Guest
Now that the Gear VR is up for sale, I can finally say that Darknet has launched! 😄

Dev blog: http://www.darknetgame.com/#!Darknet-Launched/c24e2/BE16E4DB-C6CD-4A96-8E88-1B70465A63B0

cybereality
Grand Champion
Congrats man!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zerogee
Honored Guest
Congratz, E! Awesome game!