cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

zXw0lfXz
Honored Guest
Mine just arrived, dont have the time free to pick it up so paying the shipping company - Family Express -
On its way for me to play with at work now!
God damn I am happy it wasnt lost.

I will admit though, I really hope the CV1 isnt this difficult shipping wise, that was the most expensive, frustrating shipping I have ever had to deal with.

If my rift doesn't work when I get it, I think I will flip.

Let me know how you guys go with yours, as well as your impressions!
Ordered: Sep 20, 2014 10:06 AM PDT Status:Sept 20 READY Status:Nov 3 Proccessing Status:Nov 5 Shipping information received (prep to ship) Status:Nov 6 shipped Status:Nov 12 FINALLY ARRIVED

zXw0lfXz
Honored Guest
"jimmybish" wrote:
"Robafett" wrote:
Glad to hear its good.
Where in Australia are you located Jimmy?
I'm a few hrs out of Perth and am still anxiously awaiting mine to arrive. I've been refreshing the Aus Post website every 10mins, so its interesting to hear it wasn't updated.

I'm in Hobart.
Yeah, the tracking is completely pointless. I also signed up for MyPost and that was no better (although it did tell me when the driver picked it up). I was getting a little worried, seeing others posting their updates and mine still just saying the paperwork was approved.
But it's worth the wait! I gave Radial-G a go this morning before work. Amazing!
Tonight, hotlaps in Assetto Corsa for as long as I can stomach it!

I can't believe some of you ordered in September and are still waiting! That makes absolutely no sense! Best of luck to you. I'd be going nuts at anyone who had a contact number publicly available!

I think I was the longest waiter in Australian for this batch, ordered sept 20 but finally got mine this morning!
My tracking seemed to be alright, after I made the first call it was updated pretty quickly.

I also did ask if I could pick it up from their facilities and unfortunately they cant do that 😛

The whole wait was pretty stressful, I am only 18 and working full time as an IT Tech so $500 out of my pay is a decent chunk.
Ordered: Sep 20, 2014 10:06 AM PDT Status:Sept 20 READY Status:Nov 3 Proccessing Status:Nov 5 Shipping information received (prep to ship) Status:Nov 6 shipped Status:Nov 12 FINALLY ARRIVED

neonrust
Honored Guest
Well I'm officially had enough, I've bit my tongue not complaining but f this. Ordered 1st of August, received shipping notification on 30th Oct but I've contacted Australia post and they say it hasn't been dropped off to them to post. Have contacted oculus but they still won't respond. This is terrible service!

jimmybish
Explorer
"neonrust" wrote:
Well I'm officially had enough, I've bit my tongue not complaining but f this. Ordered 1st of August, received shipping notification on 30th Oct but I've contacted Australia post and they say it hasn't been dropped off to them to post. Have contacted oculus but they still won't respond. This is terrible service!

Bloody hell, man. Get in contact with Commercial Freight and Logistics. Their details are a few pages back.

neonrust
Honored Guest
"jimmybish" wrote:
"neonrust" wrote:

Bloody hell, man. Get in contact with Commercial Freight and Logistics. Their details are a few pages back.

Been trying to get a response from oculus support but no response at all, who is commercial freight and logistics?

jimmybish
Explorer
"neonrust" wrote:

Been trying to get a response from oculus support but no response at all, who is commercial freight and logistics?

They're the Australian company who receives the Rifts from overseas and files them with AusPost. Your shipping email would have "Your delivery is ready to be shipped from Commercial Freight and Logistics Pty Ltd" if the order has hit Australia.

Check pages 115, and earlier, in this thread. There's more info about them there.

LrdAnubis
Honored Guest
So i justgot of the phone to "Slow Parcel R' Us" (Auspost)

It was confirmed to me that their tracking system show absolutely no information on the whereabouts of my Rift. It has gone from ETA Yesterday, according to the app and tracking. Then it was ETA Today over the phone on Monday. Now it is "there was a delay coming over, its not in Perth yet".

WTF? Didn't Perth guys recieve their Today/Yesterday?

AUSPOST... Shit at it!
Location: Western Australia Ordered: 28 Sep, 2014 ETA: 11 Nov, 2014 ARRIVED: 13 Nov, 2014

neonrust
Honored Guest
"jimmybish" wrote:
"neonrust" wrote:

They're the Australian company who receives the Rifts from overseas and files them with AusPost. Your shipping email would have "Your delivery is ready to be shipped from Commercial Freight and Logistics Pty Ltd" if the order has hit Australia.

Check pages 115, and earlier, in this thread. There's more info about them there.

Mine just says Australia post has received shipping information

neonrust
Honored Guest
So I rand and gave my tracking number to commercial freight and logistics, the response was you need to contact oculus support on that one sorry. This is infuriating

zXw0lfXz
Honored Guest
"LrdAnubis" wrote:
So i justgot of the phone to "Slow Parcel R' Us" (Auspost)

It was confirmed to me that their tracking system show absolutely no information on the whereabouts of my Rift. It has gone from ETA Yesterday, according to the app and tracking. Then it was ETA Today over the phone on Monday. Now it is "there was a delay coming over, its not in Perth yet".

WTF? Didn't Perth guys recieve their Today/Yesterday?

AUSPOST... Shit at it!

Im located South east of melb (closer to Sydn) so maybe thats why I have received mine a day before you?
If it counts for anything, I still waited longer than you 😉

Your best bet is probably to contact oculous and get them to start an investigation with Oculous, its what the guy from Auspost told me the other day to do if it didnt arrive today.

Really sorry to hear man, it is very, very frustrating.