New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New vr Headset

KillgoeKillgoe Posts: 19
Brain Burst
edited November 2014 in General

Comments

• saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
    NerveGear
    I think it's just a cheaper Vuzix headset with wider FOV and an IMU chip in it.
  • KillgoeKillgoe Posts: 19
    Brain Burst
    saviornt wrote:
    will you buy it when it comes out?
  • mrcrispmrcrisp Posts: 267
    Art3mis
    Killgoe wrote:
    saviornt wrote:

Would you?

00952e_9f601430ae2b438aa815163728e7593b.jpg_srz_p_626_601_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

:lol:

Anyone actually own a `consoe`? Never heard of one...
    PC Specs: i7-5820k, 16gb DDR4 2400mhz, MSI gaming mainboard, MSI GTX 980 4gb, Samsung Pro SSD, 2x1tb WD Black HDD, 700w Certified PSU, 3xAcer 27" monitor, 47" TV, Xbox360 Controller, CH Pro HOTAS, Fanatec Wheel+Pedals, Windows 7 64bit.
    Brain Burst
    mrcrisp wrote:
    Killgoe wrote:
    saviornt wrote:

Would you?

00952e_9f601430ae2b438aa815163728e7593b.jpg_srz_p_626_601_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

:lol:

Anyone actually own a `consoe`? Never heard of one...
    it means console i would buy it i contacted prologic vr and i asked them for some more information about the headset and they told me that you will be able to wear glasses for me this price and that abillity is enough to buy it
    Art3mis
    Killgoe wrote:
    it means console i would buy it i contacted prologic vr and i asked them for some more information about the headset and they told me that you will be able to wear glasses for me this price and that abillity is enough to buy it

If simply `telling you` thing's about a VR HMD is enough for you to wish to buy it- then may you be Prologic VRs perfect customer.

:mrgreen:
    PC Specs: i7-5820k, 16gb DDR4 2400mhz, MSI gaming mainboard, MSI GTX 980 4gb, Samsung Pro SSD, 2x1tb WD Black HDD, 700w Certified PSU, 3xAcer 27" monitor, 47" TV, Xbox360 Controller, CH Pro HOTAS, Fanatec Wheel+Pedals, Windows 7 64bit.
    Brain Burst
    mrcrisp wrote:
    Killgoe wrote:

If simply `telling you` thing's about a VR HMD is enough for you to wish to buy it- then may you be Prologic VRs perfect customer.

In the post they say that they will launch a kickstarter if the product stays good as said i will buy one and why not its cheaper than oculus and it plays all games :mrgreen:
    Art3mis
    Killgoe wrote:
    mrcrisp wrote:
    Killgoe wrote:

In the post they say that they will launch a kickstarter if the product stays good as said i will buy one and why not its cheaper than oculus and it plays all games :mrgreen:

Who is `they`?

George? Andrea? Whoever `invented` the Prologic VR might have thought it was a pretty good `product` troll- but at least spell `console` correctly- at least VRVANA had their spelling sorted, at least.
    Brain Burst
    you dont know if its a troll if it comes out and it is like it said will you buy it :?:
  • KydDynoMyteKydDynoMyte Posts: 322
    Brain Burst
    What did it say it is? Am I too late, did they take all the specs off that link?
    Brain Burst
    What did it say it is? Am I too late, did they take all the specs off that link?
    they said that you will be able to wear any glasses ,that you will be able to play all pc games on vr and that you will be able to play console games on vr (without headtracking the console games) will you buy it when it comes out?
    Art3mis
    Killgoe wrote:
    they said that you will be able to wear any glasses ,that you will be able to play all pc games on vr and that you will be able to play console games on vr (without headtracking the console games) will you buy it when it comes out?

No they will not buy it because it does not seem legit.

-No clear photo of any product- just one badly made `photoshop` image of what looks like a pedal bin with an Iphone stuck on the top and rotated, with the words PROLOGIC VR badly `shopped on.

-No listing of product specs.

-No proof of concept.

-No proof of who or what Prologic VR is.

We are experiencing, what looks like a very poor trolling attempt.
    Brain Burst
    mrcrisp wrote:
    Killgoe wrote:

No they will not buy it because it does not seem legit.

-No clear photo of any product- just one badly made `photoshop` image of what looks like a pedal bin with an Iphone stuck on the top and rotated, with the words PROLOGIC VR badly `shopped on.

-No listing of product specs.

-No proof of concept.

-No proof of who or what Prologic VR is.

We are experiencing, what looks like a very poor trolling attempt.
    The site launched today its early to tell if its a troll but you didnt answer my question would you buy it if it is legit? :mrgreen:
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • WalkyWalky Posts: 357
    Brain Burst
    Judging by the pictures from eBay, it definitely looks like the first chinese clone strongly based on the open source DK1 documentation (unless I've missed something).

At $150 including shipping it *might* be worth to non DK1 owners just to try the wide selection of software made with the older SDK versions. Who will beta test it? :P
  • The sensor data update rate: 11 times/second
    Oh dear.
    Scott Vandonkelaar
    Zero Latency - Inversion VR
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,474 Volunteer Moderator
    Killgoe wrote:
    The site launched today its early to tell if its a troll but you didnt answer my question would you buy it if it is legit? :mrgreen:
    Being legit is not enough to make a purchasing decision. It could be a legit vr headset but with specs worse than the VFX1 (789x230 res per eye, 45 degree diagonal fov). Without any specs or details besides a blurry photo, way too early to tell if it's any good.

It "plays all pc games and all console games in HD"? Ok, lets see it do a dos port of Zork and Shark Shark on the Intellivision.
    :)
    Any product that makes exaggerated claims like supporting ALL pc and console games should be treated with some skepticism until they have provided proof.

(It could be the greatest vr headset ever, but it also might be utter crap, too early to tell).

Dolby might want to have a word with them over the name Prologic. :)
    Especially if the headset includes audio (since Dolby Prologic is for surround sound)
  • LKostyraLKostyra Posts: 263
    I enjoyed reading this thread. @killgoe, you made my just-started day. My "will you buy it" ratio meter shows up 4 posts out of 7 sent by you, which is around 0.57 ratio. Pretty nice, above average, but I think you can do better than that, goe.

Being a developer who knows what is needed to make a game work with VR, no, I will not buy fake products coming from troll websites. Still, reading this thread was fun.
    DK1: Received
    DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received
    CV1: (Jan 6) Pending
    Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM
  • SalbroxSalbrox Posts: 250
    Art3mis
    I have a new VR headset coming out called Boculus Thrift its got 6k lenses with a 1080 deg FOV and dual technicolor screens with built-in glasses (for those hard of sight) and lycra straps infused with vitamin c for extra health not to mention...

...its only $99.99

Its coming out tomorrow. Will you buy one? Just post me your credit card and PIN.

Art3mis
    Competition time! Who can produce the best drawing / photoshop of wacky vr headset in my prev post! Feel free to add / change features.
  • Salbrox wrote:
    I have a new VR headset coming out called Boculus Thrift its got 6k lenses with a 1080 deg FOV and dual technicolor screens with built-in glasses (for those hard of sight) and lycra straps infused with vitamin c for extra health not to mention...

...its only $99.99

Its coming out tomorrow. Will you buy one? Just post me your credit card and PIN.

Technicolor? I'm in, I'll take two.
  • Salbrox wrote:
    Competition time! Who can produce the best drawing / photoshop of wacky vr headset in my prev post! Feel free to add / change features.

If someone does, will you buy it?
    Art3mis
    Salbrox wrote:

If someone does, will you buy it?

Yes and i promise not to rip off the design!
  • FredzFredz Posts: 545
    Brain Burst
    kojack wrote:
    It could be a legit vr headset but with specs worse than the VFX1 (789x230 res per eye, 45 degree diagonal fov).
    Actually the Forte VFX1 was only 263x230 per eye, at the times it was current practice to count the subpixels to have more impressive specs.
  • LKostyraLKostyra Posts: 263
    Salbrox wrote:

...its only $99.99

I always enjoyed some vitamin c when playing with Oculus. You thought about that, I think I'm going to switch. Huge thanks that you thought about that.

Have you considered adding a third 6k lense to the system? It's always good to have more of these when you put your headset on.
    DK1: Received
    DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received
    CV1: (Jan 6) Pending
    Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,474 Volunteer Moderator
    Salbrox wrote:
    Here's Fisheye Quake at 1000 degrees fov:
    Wg2VW4U.jpg
    Art3mis
    It comes with a free CD-ROM! :D

It has Fish-eye Quake as well as all your shareware favourites!
    Art3mis

Oh hahaha- that's a brilliant copy of a DK1, except response rate of the screen is a WHOPPING 30ms? Smear city! LOL

Why did they state the DK1 is 1280x720? LOL :mrgreen: