Did you mean: 

New vr Headset

Anonymous
Not applicable
27 REPLIES 27

Jem45472
Honored Guest
"Salbrox" wrote:
I have a new VR headset coming out called Boculus Thrift its got 6k lenses with a 1080 deg FOV and dual technicolor screens with built-in glasses (for those hard of sight) and lycra straps infused with vitamin c for extra health not to mention...

...its only $99.99

Its coming out tomorrow. Will you buy one? Just post me your credit card and PIN.

:mrgreen:

Technicolor? I'm in, I'll take two.

GalaxyDollVR
Honored Guest
"Salbrox" wrote:
Competition time! Who can produce the best drawing / photoshop of wacky vr headset in my prev post! Feel free to add / change features.

If someone does, will you buy it?

Salbrox
Explorer
"GalaxyDollVR" wrote:
"Salbrox" wrote:
Competition time! Who can produce the best drawing / photoshop of wacky vr headset in my prev post! Feel free to add / change features.

If someone does, will you buy it?

Yes and i promise not to rip off the design!

Fredz
Explorer
"kojack" wrote:
It could be a legit vr headset but with specs worse than the VFX1 (789x230 res per eye, 45 degree diagonal fov).

Actually the Forte VFX1 was only 263x230 per eye, at the times it was current practice to count the subpixels to have more impressive specs.

LKostyra
Protege
"Salbrox" wrote:
I have a new VR headset coming out called Boculus Thrift its got 6k lenses with a 1080 deg FOV and dual technicolor screens with built-in glasses (for those hard of sight) and lycra straps infused with vitamin c for extra health not to mention...

...its only $99.99

Its coming out tomorrow. Will you buy one? Just post me your credit card and PIN.

:mrgreen:

I always enjoyed some vitamin c when playing with Oculus. You thought about that, I think I'm going to switch. Huge thanks that you thought about that.

Have you considered adding a third 6k lense to the system? It's always good to have more of these when you put your headset on.
DK1: Received DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received CV1: (Jan 6) Pending Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM

kojack
MVP
MVP
"Salbrox" wrote:

Here's Fisheye Quake at 1000 degrees fov:
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Salbrox
Explorer
It comes with a free CD-ROM! 😄

It has Fish-eye Quake as well as all your shareware favourites!

mrcrisp
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
So I take it you guys haven't seen this yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Reality-Headset-VR-01-support-occulus-games-movies-and-head-tracking...

Oh hahaha- that's a brilliant copy of a DK1, except response rate of the screen is a WHOPPING 30ms? Smear city! LOL

Why did they state the DK1 is 1280x720? LOL :mrgreen:
PC Specs: i7-5820k, 16gb DDR4 2400mhz, MSI gaming mainboard, MSI GTX 980 4gb, Samsung Pro SSD, 2x1tb WD Black HDD, 700w Certified PSU, 3xAcer 27" monitor, 47" TV, Xbox360 Controller, CH Pro HOTAS, Fanatec Wheel+Pedals, Windows 7 64bit.