cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

tmek
Protege
I have a "Windows 10 Preview" issue similar to JKay6969. I installed Win10 November 25th and then installed the DK2 4.3 drivers, everything worked fine for a couple of days.

Today Windows did an update and seems to only use their own Microsoft drivers. Nothing I try seems to get the Configuration Utility to detect the DK2. Uninstalling the drivers and rebooting does not seem to help.

Any advice on what I can do at this point? I understand that Windows 10 is not officially supported but just checking if anyone has any workarounds.

The hardware Ids show "HID\VID_2833&PID_0021&REV_0212" but just report as "HID-compliant device" and "USB Input Device" and "Generic USB Hub"

Here's what I get if I run OVRServer_x64:

OVR::DeviceManager - initialized.
OVR::DeviceManagerThread - running (ThreadId=0x1778).
OVR::Win32::HIDDevice - Failed to open HIDDevice: \\?\hid#vid_2833&pid_0021#8&473f13e&8&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
OVR::Win32::HIDDevice - Closed '\\?\hid#vid_2833&pid_0021#8&473f13e&8&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}'
Error: {ERR-023} [TrackingManager] Unable to create detected HMD sensor device
[TrackingManager] Display added: UUID=MSCE4AR6K9DAK Driver=1

reabbott1980
Honored Guest
tmek Im having the exact same issue as you. Windows 10, the same update seemed to disable the rift. Ill update if i find any solution and will check back here often. Ill start with the generic driver and then ill look at trying to maybe uninstall recent updates.

SimplySentient
Honored Guest
I'm also having this issue, happened with a Windows 10 update a few days ago. Now the Rift doesn't show up at all in Config utility.

reabbott1980
Honored Guest
So i uninstalled the 4 updates that i saw had installed this week. I also uninstalled the generic usb hub and the HID Composite Device. When i restarted Win 10 would no longer see my video card (AMD 280x), error code 19, error code 43, all kinds of odd behaviour. Also the num/caps/scroll lock lights on my keyboard won't work either even though the function changes as i press them. Something Device manager related is way off.

Im going to backup what i need and either refresh Windows 10 back to its base image or re install Win 8.1

edit* That fixed it. I refreshed my PC back to base windows 10. My keyboard lights operate correctly, my 280x is recognised correctly and my Rift works again ! Now i need to find a way to disable automatic installation of updates on Win10

JKay6969
Honored Guest
Good luck stopping Windows 10 from updating itself, I ended up just re-installing Windows 8.1, it's not terrible and it works perfectly well with the Rift. To me it just wasn't worth the hassle, not knowing if the next update will break the Rift or anything else for that matter. I figure that I got a good taste of Windows 10 and I really liked what I saw, I will be buying it when it launches unless Linux can get all my games working in it...So yeah, I'll be buying Windows 10 :lol:
CPU: Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 2400MHz GPU: Powercolor PCS+ OC R9 290X 4GB DK2: Delivered LENSES: Scratched SOLUTION: Let me buy replacememnts :idea:

reabbott1980
Honored Guest
I let my Win10 install update to build 9879 and sure enough all my issues came back again, including no lights on my keyboard. I may do what you did and go back to 8.1!

Anonymous
Not applicable
bam!!, thanks for sharing these windows 10 issues, I've been fighting this dead rift for days now and finally some peeps having the same issue as me. Was ready to do a reformat after trying everything else. Frig, have to go back to windows 7 and judder...

reabbott1980
Honored Guest
Zambutu, you can do a refresh through windows 10, its quick to do. Make sure you back everything up. Im looking for a way to disable windows updates, i bet i can stop the windows update service and not have it automatically upgrade to new builds.

Pinworm45
Protege
I'm on Windows 10 and having this issue too, been having it for about a week or longer.. Not sure if I should go back to windows 7 or just wait for a fix at this point.. I wanted to buy windows 10 but now It's giving me tons of issues, dunno what MS did! Hopefully it gets fixed soon..

Is there any way we can say hey yo microsoft you're fucking up VR?

JKay6969
Honored Guest
You could write feedback to microsoft in the Windows 10 feedback app, that's what I did, I figure the more people who give them feedback, the quicker they will identify the problem and put it right.
CPU: Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 2400MHz GPU: Powercolor PCS+ OC R9 290X 4GB DK2: Delivered LENSES: Scratched SOLUTION: Let me buy replacememnts :idea: