cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cases with the Gear VR

msm903
Protege
Is anyone using a different case/back? I am using Samsung's S-View Flip cover. I am wondering if I would need to swap back to the default cover to utilize the gear vr.
6 REPLIES 6

Gherron
Protege
I found a case that is easy to remove and put back on. My only worry is if the constant on-off action when I use the Gear VR will start to kink the edges of my screen protector.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just get a cushioned sleeve for the phone and not even use a case.

andrewtek
Expert Protege
"Gherron" wrote:
...My only worry is if the constant on-off action when I use the Gear VR will start to kink the edges of my screen protector...

Doesn't the Note4 have a scratch proof/resistant screen? I used to get protectors, but stopped when the phone makers stopped using plastic and later improved the glass. I definitely prefer the clarity without a protector.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The "screen protectors" are mostly there for moral support. Most phones these days have scratch-resistant glass and won't get messed up unless you put them in your pocket filled with keys and loose change (but why would you do that?).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gherron
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
The "screen protectors" are mostly there for moral support. Most phones these days have scratch-resistant glass and won't get messed up unless you put them in your pocket filled with keys and loose change (but why would you do that?).

Exactly. At my house, if we hear the term Scratch Resistant, we think, "Challenge accepted!"

I have it because I'm a natural worrier. However, if it affects using the Gear VR, off it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
To respond to the topic starter: yes, you need to remove your flipcover and put back the original back to be able to use the Gear VR.

Even when you miss one of the little hooks on the back of the phone when closing the cover will prevent the phone to fit the Gear VR.

nick2k
Honored Guest
"Gherron" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Exactly. At my house, if we hear the term Scratch Resistant, we think, "Challenge accepted!"

I have it because I'm a natural worrier. However, if it affects using the Gear VR, off it goes.

i have an unscathed screen protector (film, not that tempered glass stuff) on my Note 4. doesn't affect the image quality (i know because i used someone else's Note 4 that's sans screen protector). his Note 4 screen has a few fine scratches (even though its Gorilla Glass). he lives in Santa Cruz...the home to LOTS of sand (silica/quartz). and that stuff does a number to your phone if there's sand in your pocket. that's why i always turn my pockets inside out for a thorough cleaning.