cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dOculus - VR Desktop Overlay [new Video Inside]

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
Hey everyone,
since I now finally made a Youtube-Video, I am proud to showcase "dOculus - VR Touchscreen"

download it for free at itch.io:

http://1337.itch.io/virtual-touchscreen
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
Due to lag of interest and feedback, I decided to not make further open development. If you are interested in dOculus VR Touchscreen, you may contact me via PM

ATomasik
Protege
Dude that's awesome.

antsin3d
Honored Guest
It's a cool demo - I think the subset of folks with both Leap and DK2 and use W8.1 start screen is pretty small though 🙂 It's a preview of the future though!

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
Thank you guys. Hope I find time for further development. Would love to do so, but need to earn some money in the meantime. Tried to get some funding for further development, but nobody even answers - not at Oculus VR and not at Leap Motion what is quiet frustrating.

@antsin3d: it is not just the Win 8.1 start screen, it is a full touchscreen one can use with everything from a browser to the desktop... also the lag is just caused by the screencapturing, normal usage is really instant.

Luciferous
Consultant
Missed this in the Christmas rush, will try tonight looks brilliant.

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
"luciferous" wrote:
Missed this in the Christmas rush, will try tonight looks brilliant.

Sorry, took the binarys offline until further development. Had so little useful feedback on this, I decided it needs further development. Would love to add Nimble Sense support to it, but this will sure take some time until Dev-Units are available. It needs some consumer features like Tray-Icons and a InstallShield-Setup, environment Maps seem to be loved.

The main idea was to demonstrate improved Picture-Quality through Raytracing. No blurring intermediate scanline buffers were used, the virtual desktop overlay was just calculated by Raytracing-Math. By slight head movements a natural interlaced-effect appears and raises the virtual desktop resolution beyond DK2s native resolution (just like interlacing did on CRTs), this made texts of about 2*3 pixels each letter readable on the virtual desktop. To try out Raytracing on Oculus Rift was the main goal I had in mind first. I was nearly ready when I found out about "Virtual Desktop", so I decided to add virtual touch support via Leap-Motion and joining the 3D-Jam. Even though David Holz (inventor of Leap Motion) wrote to me everybody in office thought it was supercool, it did not even make it to the final 20 competitors. Only lots of - lets say medium usefull - games became finalists. Being out of competition at the 3D-Jam, I decided to pull the binarys until further progress is made. It was just a simple unzip and start demo (what I like), but I guess folks out there needs a Setup.exe and virtual wallpapers...

Luciferous
Consultant
There was a sudden rush of leap Hand Demos and your
innovative work has got lost in the mix. Good luck with the integration work.

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
"luciferous" wrote:
There was a sudden rush of leap Hand Demos and your
innovative work has got lost in the mix. Good luck with the integration work.

Hope it was just that. However, I send you a PM if you need a copy to try... dOculus will be back with an own homepage sometime.