cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team OC: Please provide us specs for re-encoding videos

MasterElwood
Protege
Because we can´t. We can guess. We can try. But it would be MUCH easier if you could give us the perfect specs to re-encode our videos for the oculus cinema.

supported video Codecs
supported audio codecs (AC3? DTS?)
max screen resolution
max bitrate
best profile to use

Also: Can the OC show 60fps videos IN 60fps?

THAT kind of stuff would be very helpful.

Thanx in A.
16 REPLIES 16

soulmachine
Explorer
What is the recommended bitrate?

MasterElwood
Protege
1. JC himself answered my question. NERDGASM!!! 😄 😄 😄

2. What about audio encoding? Is there a way to keep the 5.1 audio? Yes - we can't use DD or DTS - but encode to ACC 5.1 maybe?

Can't test - my GVR is still on its way :evil:

BeanslyJones
Honored Guest
Hey guys, loving the GVR here! trying to add some 80 fov 3d movies in to OC. I am loading them with the _LR extension but the 3d is all jacked up. Where can I find documention? Help?

andrewtek
Expert Protege
"MasterElwood" wrote:
1. JC himself answered my question.

Answered prayer is cause for celebration.

ackray
Honored Guest
First post here. I got my Gear VR a few days ago. Loving it!

For video I am in the process of testing rips with dvd fab 9.

Right now i am testing a rip to 960x540 with a 5 M/s bit rate. Will also try out more 3d rips.

If anyone else is working on encoding and video rips I'd appreciate the settings that worked for you and the platform.

Thanks!

cly3d
Expert Protege
Good thread, and clear answers on the resolution.
What I also wanted to know as well as Op:

- Does the SbS 3d video need to be at 60fps or will there be a smoothness hit if it's just 25/30 fps? (correct me if i'm wrong in thinking that the "video" is a texture applied to an inverted sphere, and this sphere is what is rendered at 60fps)

- Would Stereoscopic 360 video also need to be at 60fps? (and does the note4 cpu/gpu handle such stereo 360 at 60 fps comfortably)

I ask this while waiting for a working/compatible (exynos) note4 to be available, this side of the world. GearVR arrived a day ago.
Thanks and Regards,

MasterElwood
Protege
"cly3d" wrote:
Good thread, and clear answers on the resolution.
What I also wanted to know as well as Op:

- Does the SbS 3d video need to be at 60fps or will there be a smoothness hit if it's just 25/30 fps? (correct me if i'm wrong in thinking that the "video" is a texture applied to an inverted sphere, and this sphere is what is rendered at 60fps)

- Would Stereoscopic 360 video also need to be at 60fps? (and does the note4 cpu/gpu handle such stereo 360 at 60 fps comfortably)

I ask this while waiting for a working/compatible (exynos) note4 to be available, this side of the world. GearVR arrived a day ago.
Thanks and Regards,

I second all that questions!

I love watching EVERYTHING in HFR (i don´t mind the "video" look - but i HATE stuttering) and i am willing to convert movies to 60fps (via twixtor) before watching them in the Oculus Cinema.

But of course if the N4 can´t handle 60fps in the OC - this would be useless.

And i can´t test it because the damn thing is still ON THE FU***** MOON - ah - i mean: on its way :evil: