cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Gaming Emulation on Gear VR?

Boffin
Honored Guest
I was just wondering if anybody is working on any type of way to play with the classic gaming emulators on the Gear VR? It would be kind of cool to play them on a "Big Screen".
16 REPLIES 16

munkondi
Explorer
yes, second that - that would be amazing!

kevinrocksman
Explorer
FPSE implemented a way to play PS1 games with the headset. Waiting for mine to come in the mail to try it! I was going to try to see if I could implement this into the N64oid but my knowledge of how to work with coding is very minimal sadly..

mallmagician
Expert Protege
"kevinrocksman" wrote:
FPSE implemented a way to play PS1 games with the headset. Waiting for mine to come in the mail to try it! I was going to try to see if I could implement this into the N64oid but my knowledge of how to work with coding is very minimal sadly..

Oh I have fpse, do you have a link saying how they have implemented GearVR?

kevinrocksman
Explorer
The latest update just go into settings, advance, video and all the way at the bottom youll see virtual reality I think. Enable that and it generates 2 screens. Its not perfect, I think he said he did the basic implementation but will update it more later on.

kevinrocksman
Explorer
This is a response from the creator of FPSE for the PS1 emulator. Right now it works but he says it will be better in the next release. He has a Gear VR so he is definatly on the team!

fpse.png

munkondi
Explorer
fantastic news!
how do you actually turn off Gear VR services? don't want to do anything silly

acem77
Protege
Would love vr boy, 3d sega master system and 3d Famicom game emulation support. Jumping flash needs a reboot on samsung vr

Yeticrab
Explorer
Old low resolution games won't look right projected very large. Perhaps it may be cooler to recreate a retro living room or arcade experience.

acem77
Protege
"Yeticrab" wrote:
Old low resolution games won't look right projected very large. Perhaps it may be cooler to recreate a retro living room or arcade experience.

That's just your opinion. No reason it should not be done. any how the vr boy was up close vr like display just all in red and no motion tracking. I'd love to try any game on a mega screen!