cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StargateVR WIP

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
I will be posting my progress as much as possible with the development of this 'fan made demo' of StargateVR. Please feel free to tell me what you think, I love "constructive criticism", but dislike trolls;O)

Also I am still looking for some help with anything. Right now I wear the hat of a programmer, as well as all the others too. So if you like Stargate, and would like to help with this demo, send me a PM:)

So here is the gate all WIP of course:

Here is the outside of the Puddle Jumper, still lots of work making them Low enough Poly, and making LOD's:

and here is the Console that will represent a LOT of the actual UI while flying(besides on the Windshield itself):

"Imagn' Games has no official connection with 'MGM' and are in no way an official game/demo, or part of the Stargate franchise. All media, logos, videos, audio and images present in this game/demo or any site I post screen shots on are exclusively the property of their respective brands."

Thank you all for checking it out!

~B :ugeek:
These games created by fans, for fans, are free and therefore have no commercial purpose.
17 REPLIES 17

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool, I used to love Stargate.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Just curious, what are you guys using for Poly-Count Limit?

~B

Richiejones
Honored Guest
Great . My favourite programme, just started watching the whole series again from season 1.. loving it..

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Awesome! Glad to hear it, I have been watching all three series on a repeating loop for the last...well since the series stopped really ---> :geek:

Hopefully this makes for a good game for all of you guys, as that has always been my intention from the beginning of wanting to develop games, years ago now. I am hoping to get enough support later on so we can tie up some story lines! So if I cannot get the script writers on board, I hope to find some good talent that likes the series.

Thanks for the interest!

~B :ugeek:

ThaFresh
Honored Guest
any idea on how you intend to tackle teleporting via the gate?

I did a tardis a little while ago and never got the teleporting thing working 100% with the rift

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Well, here is one of my favorite parts! I plan to make the Event horizon like interactive water, so you 'can' stand there and play with the puddle like Daniel Jackson and few others have done in the show/movie. Once you step through your body will turn into energy(not sure what that will look like yet, experiments!), once that all happens I plan on using the Roller Coaster plugin for Unreal 4. You won't see any tracks of coarse, and while people are flying through space from one point to another they will see the Solar system as a backdrop( I will try to make this as comfortable as possible, but I think it is supposed to be jarring a bit, well see how that goes, i will need to experiment more once that is built to make sure people don't get sick). This will all be to hide the loading of the next planet. Hope this makes some sense:O)

~B

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
New Stargate Pic. Bringing the 'Final' High-Poly down. For the top of the LOD I am trying to keep it under 12k, but depending on how the rift reacts after animation I may have to do it one more time...again 😄

~B

P.S. Anyone want to help? Feel free to PM me anytime. I have dedicated lots of time to this project, much more than a full time job at this point..much to my wife's dismay sometimes :geek:

RoyMi6
Honored Guest
Before putting a lifetime of effort into this project I think it's worth me pointing out that I was loosely involved with making a free to play mod based on Stargate. The copyright owners (I forget who they were, this was about 6 years ago) shut it down pretty fast and hard once they found out about it.

Obviously I'm interested in the project as it's something I've been involved with in the past, but just be aware that they did NOT want to play ball in the past.

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
Oh I know how 'MGM' is, but I do this now in the light that they gave the "Stargate" 'rights' back to the original directors of the "Movie" (Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich)Apparently they a re-writing the whole things in a different direction that will have nothing to do with SG-1 Atlantis or the 15+ years of Stargate that we loved. So with him doing something totally different I have begun work on this, but at the same time I am trying to get a yes from MGM, and I have contracted then with a registered letter, and they do HAVE to respond to it. Also I am making it whether they like it or not, and now that their 'IP' is going nowhere, I don't think they will mind, but I AM going to get permission. Once we get enough fans behind us, MGM won't be able to ignore the money of Kick-Starter :O)...once I get that far:O)

~B