New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

Comments

• I'm very sorry, guys. There was a minor mix-up that affected US orders that were supposed to have shipped last week. The good news is that we found the problem, and those packages will be shipping later this week.

If you still do not receive a tracking number by the end of the week, then you can PM me with your order number and I will take another look. Thanks for your patience.

Any chance those of us in the US who were affected by this "minor mix-up" will get our shipping method upgraded as to expedite the process?
  • molstermolster Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Azoulas wrote:
    I'm very sorry, guys. There was a minor mix-up that affected US orders that were supposed to have shipped last week. The good news is that we found the problem, and those packages will be shipping later this week.

If you still do not receive a tracking number by the end of the week, then you can PM me with your order number and I will take another look. Thanks for your patience.

Any chance those of us in the US who were affected by this "minor mix-up" will get our shipping method upgraded as to expedite the process?
    as 120% amazing as that would be, I doubt they can do it. They didn't even have shipping options (else I would have payed for overnight in the first place)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, I don't think we can offer expedited shipping in this instance, but within the US the shipping time is typically only a couple of days, so you won't be waiting long.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Sorry, I don't think we can offer expedited shipping in this instance, but within the US the shipping time is typically only a couple of days, so you won't be waiting long.

I reached out to support last week, and I really wish the person I spoke with would have caught this. As I mentioned in a PM, a co-worker and I ordered our DK2s hours apart - his shipped (received it today) and mine didn't. I expressed how the differences in orders seemed odd, but I just got the generic "we'll email you when it ships reply".
    I understand your frustration, however it's hard to catch things like this when the orders are within the normal shipping window. We receive a bunch of inquiries daily about shipping ETAs, so I can't blame our support team for following the standard procedure.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Thanks for the update, Cyber.
  • Received an odd email this morning. Anyone else receive one of these?

"After review of your order, and the company registered with it, we are contacting you for details regarding your recent purchase.

Can you please provide us with more information about the project you are working on?"
    Brain Burst
    People on Reddit have reported them asking this question. So it is not out of the norm.
  • molster wrote:
    People on Reddit have reported them asking this question. So it is not out of the norm.

Thanks for the response molster. Good to know i'm not being singled out. My main job is working for a personal lubricant manufacturer so I wanted to make sure they didnt think I was using this for something "adult" related lol. We're actually looking into creating a possible VR attraction for haunted houses.
    Support will typically check with customers to see what they are using the Rift for, to ensure they are not reselling on ebay, or using it for unapproved purposes. This is completely normal.
  • Support will typically check with customers to see what they are using the Rift for, to ensure they are not reselling on ebay, or using it for unapproved purposes. This is completely normal.

Thank you for clarifying cybereality. I definitely appreciate the help!
    Brain Burst
    looking like today is not the day either!

Tomorrow it is -crosses fingers-
  • tehrusselltehrussell Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    molster wrote:
    looking like today is not the day either!

Tomorrow it is -crosses fingers-

hahah i am just excited :P cant wait
  • Sorry, I don't think we can offer expedited shipping in this instance, but within the US the shipping time is typically only a couple of days, so you won't be waiting long.

That is very unfortunate, can you at least inform us as to what caused the delay?
  • I woke up to some wonderful news today!

Order Date: Feb 4, 2015 12:32 PM PST

Status:PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Note: If you have multiple items in the order, it might also indicate that the remaining items are still waiting to be shipped.
  • Any update on an order that was placed on February 3rd, funds taken on February 4, and has been stuck on Processing since then? I wanted to get started on a project by early next week, but I'm guessing that's not a reality. Also does anyone know where these ship from geographically? Thanks for any information that can be provided.
    Brain Burst
    mrvotto wrote:
    Any update on an order that was placed on February 3rd, funds taken on February 4, and has been stuck on Processing since then? I wanted to get started on a project by early next week, but I'm guessing that's not a reality. Also does anyone know where these ship from geographically? Thanks for any information that can be provided.

I hear you man. I really thought id have it in time to work on my demo during the 3 day weekend.

It just hit 9am on the west coast, lets hope today is the day!
  • molster wrote:
    mrvotto wrote:
    Any update on an order that was placed on February 3rd, funds taken on February 4, and has been stuck on Processing since then? I wanted to get started on a project by early next week, but I'm guessing that's not a reality. Also does anyone know where these ship from geographically? Thanks for any information that can be provided.

I hear you man. I really thought id have it in time to work on my demo during the 3 day weekend.

It just hit 9am on the west coast, lets hope today is the day!

Yeah, it is kind of a bummer seeing how some people here ordered on the same day as I did and have already had theirs shipped. Hopefully Oculus has distribution in the Midwest so it will cut down on the time it takes to get here.

I'd love to know what the logistical error was in this particular US batch though.
  • Tek83Tek83 Posts: 5
    Pharcyide wrote:
    I woke up to some wonderful news today!

Status:PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Note: If you have multiple items in the order, it might also indicate that the remaining items are still waiting to be shipped.

Don't get too excited, I've been stuck on processing all week like mrvotto. It's a bummer waiting, but it makes it that much better when you finally do receive it I suppose.
  • tehrusselltehrussell Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Tek83 wrote:
    Pharcyide wrote:
    I woke up to some wonderful news today!

Don't get too excited, I've been stuck on processing all week like mrvotto. It's a bummer waiting, but it makes it that much better when you finally do receive it I suppose.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks
    The packages from this batch look like they're been labeled and can ship out as soon as later today.

However, shipment does take a few days in the US, so you can expect the box to arrive early next week.
    Brain Burst
    Thank you for the very detailed update , Sad I wont get it before the 3 day weekend, but You really made the rest of my day :)
  • Tek83Tek83 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the updates cybereality! Even though I know it wont be here this week, the sound of progress is better than not knowing anything at all :D
  • Thanks I heard they ship from California, I am in Los Angeles, so close.
  • I really hope CV1 finds its way to Amazon when it comes out... This delivery process is making me bite my nails again. :(
  • The packages from this batch look like they're been labeled and can ship out as soon as later today.

However, shipment does take a few days in the US, so you can expect the box to arrive early next week.

Great news, thank you for keeping us updated.
    Brain Burst
    Anyone in the US updated to shipped yet?
  • molster wrote:
    Anyone in the US updated to shipped yet?

Nothing in my inbox in terms of tracking numbers, but it is still 3PM in California...still a lot of time left in the day to get the batch out. I'm guessing it won't ship until EOD Friday. But that's just speculation.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    I can say from experience that the shipping style this company does it the ULTIMATE anticipation creator. You can feel the excitement revving up as you watchthe status change, when you finally see "shipped" youll need to change your underwear/briefs/boxers. And on the day of arrival i suggest just being butt naked and great UPS/Fedex/whoever with the utmost excitement with everything hanging out. Be watchful for your floor/chair the first time you enter the rift on a quality demo and send your thank you's to my inbox :)
  • Also waiting for shipping :cry: Ordered on Feb 4, $50+$350 were taken out immediately so I though it would be a quick turnaround but i guess not. Honestly...I really just want to stop checking my email.

Cheers!