cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

You'll be happy to hear that we've fulfilled over 90% of all DK2 pre-orders!

If you've already received your kit, make sure to check out the new 0.4.3 software package for the latest updates.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
1,008 REPLIES 1,008

Doefat04
Honored Guest
Also waiting for shipping :cry: Ordered on Feb 4, $50+$350 were taken out immediately so I though it would be a quick turnaround but i guess not. Honestly...I really just want to stop checking my email.

Cheers!

Twidgit
Honored Guest
Same boat. No new status today, so unless they're shipping on their way out the door I *really* hope it's tomorrow.

A lot of us are going to be pretty miffed if people who ordered this week get theirs first as well...

IndustryLeech
Honored Guest
This is my first experience with Oculus VR customer service. Color me unimpressed.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@IndustryLeech: If you are having an issue with Oculus support, please PM me directly. I can look into the issue, and make sure the agent gets lashed if need be (ha!). Seriously, though, I'm here to help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

IndustryLeech
Honored Guest
My issue is the muffed shipment batch and the lack of explanation for it. You've had my money for 10 days now and no shipment. If something got messed-up on Oculus' end the company owes us an explanation, and in my opinion also owes it to us to make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.

molster
Explorer
"IndustryLeech" wrote:
make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.

if only :shock:

If it wasnt within the 1-2 weeks they said on the checkout, id be pushing super strong for that as well. Sadly as much as it upsets me (and it really does, half the reaosn I bit the bullet to buy it now was seeing how fast it was shipping out latley for everyone) the way it was delayed.. I dont feel I can push for it when its within their given estimate

IndustryLeech
Honored Guest
"molster" wrote:
"IndustryLeech" wrote:
make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.

if only :shock:

If it wasnt within the 1-2 weeks they said on the checkout, id be pushing super strong for that as well. Sadly as much as it upsets me (and it really does, half the reaosn I bit the bullet to buy it now was seeing how fast it was shipping out latley for everyone) the way it was delayed.. I dont feel I can push for it when its within their given estimate

They weren't supposed to fully charge for the kits until they were ready to ship.

molster
Explorer
"IndustryLeech" wrote:

They weren't supposed to fully charge for the kits until they were ready to ship.

true

Twidgit
Honored Guest
"IndustryLeech" wrote:

As far as I've seen that's exactly what happened. Our DK2s were assigned and boxed, ready to go on the 4th when we were charged. Unfortunately something else happened and they didn't leave. It doesn't really matter what that something else was, shipped or not shipped is the important variable here now. I am a *little* displeased that they didn't get shipped immediately after the mistake was found, but it's still well within the advertised window. No need to hate (yet).

IndustryLeech
Honored Guest
"pking" wrote:
"IndustryLeech" wrote:

As far as I've seen that's exactly what happened. Our DK2s were assigned and boxed, ready to go on the 4th when we were charged. Unfortunately something else happened and they didn't leave. It doesn't really matter what that something else was, shipped or not shipped is the important variable here now. I am a *little* displeased that they didn't get shipped immediately after the mistake was found, but it's still well within the advertised window. No need to hate (yet).

It's certainly not hate, but this all is extremely unprofessional. I agree, there's absolutely no excuse for not shipping the muffed batch out the very day they discovered the problem, whatever problem it was. The fact they didn't ship them yet makes me think it was more than just a batch that mistakenly didn't go out.