New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

Comments

• TwidgitTwidgit Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same boat. No new status today, so unless they're shipping on their way out the door I *really* hope it's tomorrow.

A lot of us are going to be pretty miffed if people who ordered this week get theirs first as well...
  • IndustryLeechIndustryLeech Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    This is my first experience with Oculus VR customer service. Color me unimpressed.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @IndustryLeech: If you are having an issue with Oculus support, please PM me directly. I can look into the issue, and make sure the agent gets lashed if need be (ha!). Seriously, though, I'm here to help.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    My issue is the muffed shipment batch and the lack of explanation for it. You've had my money for 10 days now and no shipment. If something got messed-up on Oculus' end the company owes us an explanation, and in my opinion also owes it to us to make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.
  • molstermolster Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.
    if only :shock:

If it wasnt within the 1-2 weeks they said on the checkout, id be pushing super strong for that as well. Sadly as much as it upsets me (and it really does, half the reaosn I bit the bullet to buy it now was seeing how fast it was shipping out latley for everyone) the way it was delayed.. I dont feel I can push for it when its within their given estimate
    Brain Burst
    molster wrote:

If it wasnt within the 1-2 weeks they said on the checkout, id be pushing super strong for that as well. Sadly as much as it upsets me (and it really does, half the reaosn I bit the bullet to buy it now was seeing how fast it was shipping out latley for everyone) the way it was delayed.. I dont feel I can push for it when its within their given estimate

They weren't supposed to fully charge for the kits until they were ready to ship.
    Brain Burst
    They weren't supposed to fully charge for the kits until they were ready to ship.
    true
  • TwidgitTwidgit Posts: 3
    NerveGear

As far as I've seen that's exactly what happened. Our DK2s were assigned and boxed, ready to go on the 4th when we were charged. Unfortunately something else happened and they didn't leave. It doesn't really matter what that something else was, shipped or not shipped is the important variable here now. I am a *little* displeased that they didn't get shipped immediately after the mistake was found, but it's still well within the advertised window. No need to hate (yet).
    Brain Burst
    pking wrote:

As far as I've seen that's exactly what happened. Our DK2s were assigned and boxed, ready to go on the 4th when we were charged. Unfortunately something else happened and they didn't leave. It doesn't really matter what that something else was, shipped or not shipped is the important variable here now. I am a *little* displeased that they didn't get shipped immediately after the mistake was found, but it's still well within the advertised window. No need to hate (yet).
    It's certainly not hate, but this all is extremely unprofessional. I agree, there's absolutely no excuse for not shipping the muffed batch out the very day they discovered the problem, whatever problem it was. The fact they didn't ship them yet makes me think it was more than just a batch that mistakenly didn't go out.
  • Tek83Tek83 Posts: 5
    molster wrote:

I think this is where I was disappointed. The email tells me "You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file" on the 5th, and then "You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges" 4 days later on the 9th, and then it's the 12th and I still have no update other than what cybereality has posted (which is nice to hear, thank you for that :) ). I think their ordering system is a little odd, since the order goes: Pending > Ready > Processing.

I mean I'm not upset, just eager to get to work with it. Patience isn't a strength of mine. However, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    OK, so it's not really my place to point fingers or place blame.

The specific issue is not really important, basically it was a programming bug in the order system. I wished I had noticed sooner, but it took about a week to realize what actually had happened. It was fixed immediately after I noticed, and we sent the batch over to our distribution center that same day. However, they still needed time to label and ship the packages. It appears many of the orders were shipped earlier today, or (if not) will ship out tomorrow. It's just that the tracking numbers aren't always sent out immediately.

All that said, the orders that were affected are still within the standard 1 - 2 week estimate, and that window is given to allow a buffer for unexpected occurrences. I don't feel it is necessary for provide overnight shipment, considering that US shipping typically only takes 1 - 3 business days. Depending on where you live (for example, on the west coast) it could be on the shorter side of that estimate.

Again, I am very sorry and I hope you guys can understand.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    I hope you guys can understand.

:)

It's no biggie. I'm disappointed in the way I would be by not winning the lottery. I expect not to win, but if I do, it would be nice. I knew when I ordered it would be 1-2 weeks, but had it been sooner, it would have been nice. I know issues arise, and being in the IT world, you should always know there is that possibility for something to go wrong. No worries, but thank you for a detailed explanation.
  • Again, I am very sorry and I hope you guys can understand.

Thanks cybereality. Initially I was disappointed, but I've gotten over it. Once I get the DK2, none of this waiting will matter much. :)
  • Not overly frustrated, just disappointed. Was hoping it would ship today and maybe get here by Monday. Now the package won't even move until Monday, and I live on the east coast...

I'm sure I'll forget all about this once I get to experience it.
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2015
    Not overly frustrated, just disappointed. Was hoping it would ship today and maybe get here by Monday. Now the package won't even move until Monday, and I live on the east coast...

Monday is a holiday, there won't be any mail :(

(at least for UPS and USPS, dont know fedex)

im wrong, http://i.imgur.com/wh2rCeF.png google is just evil with bad snippit lines
    molster wrote:
    Not overly frustrated, just disappointed. Was hoping it would ship today and maybe get here by Monday. Now the package won't even move until Monday, and I live on the east coast...

According to their websites, I believe UPS and FedEx do indeed deliver on President's Day. At least from what I've seen. Usps does not though.
    Brain Burst
    Tek83 wrote:
    molster wrote:

According to their websites, I believe UPS and FedEx do indeed deliver on President's Day. At least from what I've seen. Usps does not though.

You are 100% correct, thanks for the correction (you even made me happy)
    What happened is, I googled it, you get this line from google

http://i.imgur.com/wh2rCeF.png

ironically, if you open the page, the contents that it is pulling, is actually from the second table (not the first) which which it is holidays they do NOT observe.

Talk about misleading google snippit :P
  • just got a email from ups about receiving a shipment tomorrow. not expecting any other packages so i think that is my oculus. my status didnt change on the oculus site but just got that email from ups
    Brain Burst
    senormojo wrote:
    just got a email from ups about receiving a shipment tomorrow. not expecting any other packages so i think that is my oculus. my status didnt change on the oculus site but just got that email from ups
    Thank you!

I have not got an oculus email, or a UPS email, so I decided to login to UPS to see

http://i.imgur.com/Pp0ek9y.png

BAM, looks like I get it Wednesday (Super sad at how far away that is) but none the less! Wednesday!!)

For those who don't know, you can sign up for free on UPS, and you can track when anything is planned to come to your house!
  • Does that require the 'My Choice'? I tried to sign up for it but it said verification failed and u have to try tomorrow. Oh well, I'll cross my fingers and hope it is enroute.
  • molster wrote:
    senormojo wrote:
    just got a email from ups about receiving a shipment tomorrow. not expecting any other packages so i think that is my oculus. my status didnt change on the oculus site but just got that email from ups
    Thank you!

I have not got an oculus email, or a UPS email, so I decided to login to UPS to see

BAM, looks like I get it Wednesday (Super sad at how far away that is) but none the less! Wednesday!!)

For those who don't know, you can sign up for free on UPS, and you can track when anything is planned to come to your house!

Awesome - thanks for posting that! I hopped on my UPS account and saw the same thing! Now I can go to bed happy :D
  • molster wrote:
    senormojo wrote:
    Thank you!

When did you order?
  • hoshin wrote:
    molster wrote:
    senormojo wrote:
    Thank you!

Awesome - thanks for posting that! I hopped on my UPS account and saw the same thing! Now I can go to bed happy :D

Hmm sadly nothing for mine yet, I ordered it on the 31st of January.

The only good thing is that I live in California, so when they do finally ship it, it should be quick.
  • OK, so it's not really my place to point fingers or place blame.

The specific issue is not really important, basically it was a programming bug in the order system. I wished I had noticed sooner, but it took about a week to realize what actually had happened. It was fixed immediately after I noticed, and we sent the batch over to our distribution center that same day. However, they still needed time to label and ship the packages. It appears many of the orders were shipped earlier today, or (if not) will ship out tomorrow. It's just that the tracking numbers aren't always sent out immediately.

All that said, the orders that were affected are still within the standard 1 - 2 week estimate, and that window is given to allow a buffer for unexpected occurrences. I don't feel it is necessary for provide overnight shipment, considering that US shipping typically only takes 1 - 3 business days. Depending on where you live (for example, on the west coast) it could be on the shorter side of that estimate.

Programming bugs are the worst - sorry to hear about it. But a little feedback on the whole customer service side of things for you guys:

I contacted Oculus Support about my order shortly after you explained that there was an error in the pipeline. I was mainly just looking to make sure there wasn't something catastrophically wrong with my shipment. Anyway, the response I get is a explanation that I'm in the Processing phase. Okay, cool, but you're able to give me all this information on this forum about the problem that occurred. It seems like the communications channel between people in the know (you) and people providing support are kind of disconnected.

Also I hope you'll stop advertising the "we're going to take out the full order price once it is shipped/ready-to-ship" because that was obviously not true.

Still waiting for my tracking number and for a scheduled delivery date (nothing so far in UPS), but still excited to get my hands on the Rift and start working.
  • I ordered mine on the 4th and just received the email that it shipped this morning. I'm expecting delivery next Wednesday.

They kept to their timeline of shipping in 1-2 weeks from the date I placed my order. I'm a happy customer. Thanks and i'm looking forwarding to receiving DK2 and start working on our project!
    Brain Burst
    hBTdJ7n.png

Discopy Labs? Is that my order?

[edit] blurred address and tracking number
    Brain Burst
    Yes
  • Yes Industry that is your DK2, I also got notified mine was shipped today (through UPS not from the OR website) and mine should be here Monday due to my location.

I appreciate that Cyber at least kept us informed via the forums about what was going on (thank you Cyber), but this has seriously been my worst experience so far with any company in regards to the ordering process.

I can honestly say that this type of service would have normally pushed me to taking my money to another company, however I don't currently consider any other hardware on the market for VR to be viable at this point in time. (personal preference I'm sure) I am however happy to know it will be here Monday so I can start working with it and making a review for it.

P.S. I wasn't put off with the general wait time, more so how bad the updating process is, even now I only know it was shipped because of UPS and not because of your company.
  • Azoulas wrote:

P.S. I wasn't put off with the general wait time, more so how bad the updating process is, even now I only know it was shipped because of UPS and not because of your company.

Same here, I guess its the fact that they say your money wont be taken until its ready to ship. At that point I expected 1-2 days for a tracking number. Disappointing that its 10 days later, im down 400 bucks no tracking and some people that ordered the same day have it on the way or a tracking number.

Not to mention I have reached a point in my project where I need the rift to move forward. :x

First world problems...