cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

You'll be happy to hear that we've fulfilled over 90% of all DK2 pre-orders!

If you've already received your kit, make sure to check out the new 0.4.3 software package for the latest updates.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
1,008 REPLIES 1,008

Tek83
Honored Guest
"IndustryLeech" wrote:
"molster" wrote:
"IndustryLeech" wrote:
make it right by overnighting them to the folks that got delayed.

if only :shock:

If it wasnt within the 1-2 weeks they said on the checkout, id be pushing super strong for that as well. Sadly as much as it upsets me (and it really does, half the reaosn I bit the bullet to buy it now was seeing how fast it was shipping out latley for everyone) the way it was delayed.. I dont feel I can push for it when its within their given estimate

They weren't supposed to fully charge for the kits until they were ready to ship.

I think this is where I was disappointed. The email tells me "You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file" on the 5th, and then "You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges" 4 days later on the 9th, and then it's the 12th and I still have no update other than what cybereality has posted (which is nice to hear, thank you for that 🙂 ). I think their ordering system is a little odd, since the order goes: Pending > Ready > Processing.

I mean I'm not upset, just eager to get to work with it. Patience isn't a strength of mine. However, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, so it's not really my place to point fingers or place blame.

The specific issue is not really important, basically it was a programming bug in the order system. I wished I had noticed sooner, but it took about a week to realize what actually had happened. It was fixed immediately after I noticed, and we sent the batch over to our distribution center that same day. However, they still needed time to label and ship the packages. It appears many of the orders were shipped earlier today, or (if not) will ship out tomorrow. It's just that the tracking numbers aren't always sent out immediately.

All that said, the orders that were affected are still within the standard 1 - 2 week estimate, and that window is given to allow a buffer for unexpected occurrences. I don't feel it is necessary for provide overnight shipment, considering that US shipping typically only takes 1 - 3 business days. Depending on where you live (for example, on the west coast) it could be on the shorter side of that estimate.

Again, I am very sorry and I hope you guys can understand.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

molster
Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
I hope you guys can understand.

🙂

Tek83
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

It's no biggie. I'm disappointed in the way I would be by not winning the lottery. I expect not to win, but if I do, it would be nice. I knew when I ordered it would be 1-2 weeks, but had it been sooner, it would have been nice. I know issues arise, and being in the IT world, you should always know there is that possibility for something to go wrong. No worries, but thank you for a detailed explanation.

hoshin
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

Thanks cybereality. Initially I was disappointed, but I've gotten over it. Once I get the DK2, none of this waiting will matter much. 🙂

BenHogan211
Honored Guest
Not overly frustrated, just disappointed. Was hoping it would ship today and maybe get here by Monday. Now the package won't even move until Monday, and I live on the east coast...

I'm sure I'll forget all about this once I get to experience it.

molster
Explorer
"BenHogan211" wrote:
Not overly frustrated, just disappointed. Was hoping it would ship today and maybe get here by Monday. Now the package won't even move until Monday, and I live on the east coast...

Monday is a holiday, there won't be any mail 😞

(at least for UPS and USPS, dont know fedex)

im wrong, http://i.imgur.com/wh2rCeF.png google is just evil with bad snippit lines

Tek83
Honored Guest
"molster" wrote:
"BenHogan211" wrote:

According to their websites, I believe UPS and FedEx do indeed deliver on President's Day. At least from what I've seen. Usps does not though.

molster
Explorer
"Tek83" wrote:
"molster" wrote:
"BenHogan211" wrote:

According to their websites, I believe UPS and FedEx do indeed deliver on President's Day. At least from what I've seen. Usps does not though.

You are 100% correct, thanks for the correction (you even made me happy)
What happened is, I googled it, you get this line from google

http://i.imgur.com/wh2rCeF.png

ironically, if you open the page, the contents that it is pulling, is actually from the second table (not the first) which which it is holidays they do NOT observe.

Talk about misleading google snippit 😛

senormojo
Honored Guest
just got a email from ups about receiving a shipment tomorrow. not expecting any other packages so i think that is my oculus. my status didnt change on the oculus site but just got that email from ups