cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice about DK2 and CV1

bolletog
Honored Guest
Hi all...I need some help in deciding to buy the devkit 2 or wait for the consumer version.

First off I know there isnt a date for CV1...but for me, if the CV1 is 6 months away I think its worth spending money on DK2, that is...for me its worth it if I get to play with it for atleast 6 months before the CV1 is released. But then im wondering how much time it will take to send the oculus rift by mail...if I order now will it be sendt in a few days? Or do they send out orders in batches...if I order now the kit wont be sendt for 3 months or something? I live in Norway by the way.

Im also wondering about the CV1...is it possible to order it for everyone when its released...or is it very limited release?
3 REPLIES 3

benplace
Rising Star
Since no one knows the release date thats a chance you will have to take. I have heard of people getting them lately in two weeks, but that doesnt mean they wont suddenly go back to shipping in batches every couple months.
If it were me personally I would order it as long as you have the rig to push it.
Its not like CV1 is going to come out and your DK2 is going to stop working.

bolletog
Honored Guest
"benplace" wrote:
Since no one knows the release date thats a chance you will have to take. I have heard of people getting them lately in two weeks, but that doesnt mean they wont suddenly go back to shipping in batches every couple months.
If it were me personally I would order it as long as you have the rig to push it.
Its not like CV1 is going to come out and your DK2 is going to stop working.

K thx for that...

I have intel core i7 3820 3.6 ghz, 8 gb ram and geforce GTX 770,,,,im guessing thats adequate?

molster
Explorer
Yes, GTX 770 is fine!

You wont be able to play "everything" on maxed out settings, but lower the settings down and there is not much the 770 can't do right now, even ED is playable with settings turned down.