New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Custom Maps TF2

bretspotbretspot Posts: 11
edited March 2013 in Games and Apps
I know you used to be able to load custom HL2 maps in TF2 but now with all the multiplayer, is it still possible?

If you know how, post the info here. :)

Comments

• CamronCamron Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Are you asking if you can make custom TF2 maps? If so, the answer is yes, just download the source SDK. Or are you asking about loading HL2 singleplayer levels into TF2?
  • defactomandefactoman Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    I suggest checking out the minecraft map....makes me want minecraft. It looks really nice.
  • JoewaJoewa Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Any Valve Source engine game map can be opened in TF2, though most would be dependent on assets from HL2/whatever game they're from, which can also be copied over just as easily. I'm guessing you just want to walk around City 17 in the Rift by transplanting everything into TF2?

It's doable, but it won't be HL2, just a game of TF2 trying to happen in an HL2 map. If you want to do it just open the file "half-life 2 content.gcf" in GCFScape and extract the folders entitled "maps", "materials" and "models" from the subfolder "hl2" into "Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf". Then run TF2 and type "map d1_trainstation_02" into the console and see how you go.

I don't have my dev kit yet or I'd probably bother trying this myself. Also, first post, sup everybody. If anyone's got any non-Rift-specific Source or UDK questions feel free to hit me up.
  • bretspotbretspot Posts: 11
    Thanks that helps.
    I've actually done some hammer mapping in the past and wanted to see if my levels would open.
  • rmcclellandrmcclelland Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    bretspot wrote:
    Thanks that helps.
    I've actually done some hammer mapping in the past and wanted to see if my levels would open.

Were you successful in experiencing custom maps in TF2 with the Rift?