New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

12829303234

Comments

  • ...and after all that complaining, it has arrived! Tracking number received after delivery but I no longer care!
  • Well, I finally received my notification that it had been shipped this afternoon. I already knew it had though because of UPS. Unfortunately, because of my location I have to wait 5 1/2 more days before I'll get mine. 16 days total.... So, of course hoping for the best possible outcome, I received (almost) the worst. I might have had to wait 18 days. :roll: Excitement is pretty much dead at this point. But I digress, I'm sure it will be rekindled upon arrival. Stuff happens.
  • I consider myself fortunate.

    I ordered on Wednesday evening and received my about to ship email 26 hours later (last night)! The balance was charged at that time.

    However, I have not received a shipment notification nor has my shipment showed up in UPS My Choice like some of you have mentioned. If it's going out in the same batch, I wonder why mine hasn't shipped like yours.

    My name and address in UPS My Choice is identical to my order address except my zip code in UPS has 5+4 while the order address simply has my 5 digit zip.

    That's how UPS My Choice works, right? It looks for a match in their current shipments with registered names/addresses?
  • Re-
    Ordered: 02/04
    Processed: 02/05
    Shipping notice: 02/13 (3PM)
    Arrival (as UPS says): 02/18 (by end of day)

    Total estimated wait time: 14 days
    not including the original wait time from my initial canceled order, a month ago ;_;

    I have to admit I gave up on actively checking for an update, today while casually checking my email I noticed the shipping email... honestly wasn't expecting it to ship this week.
    The constant let down was getting to me, I'm sure I'll be excited again, and faith restored in oculus once it arrives though :lol:


    I did check out the previous posts, and thank you cyber for the updates on why things are going a bit haywire.
  • Blue, most of us here have been waiting since last Wednesday, not this Wednesday, so it might be a while. I ordered Feb 5 I think and was charged in full within half an hour, saying the shipment was ready. Seems my DK2 will finally be arriving next Wednesday.
  • Shipment notification received! :o

    Here were my dates:
    • 2/11/2015 (pm) - Ordered
    • 2/12/2015 (pm) - "about to ship" email received. Balance charged to my credit card.
    • 2/13/2015 (am) - email received with link to access my order information
    • 2/13/2015 (pm) - shipping notification email with UPS tracking number
    • 2/17/2015 (pm) - anticipated delivery from tracking number. Also listed in UPS My Choice. Ships from Ontario, California and I'm in Arizona.

    Total will be 6 days from ordered until in-hand. Now must be a good time to order if you want to quick turnaround.
  • You guys are all lucky. I ordered mine January 30th, and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Woo!
  • You guys are all lucky. I ordered mine January 30th, and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Woo!

    I had an issue with my order around the 17th of January, and didn't get a notice from support
    (it took an email to cyber to figure out there was an issue, support left my ticket for a week... right up until a day after I emailed cyber)
    . So you definitely should email cyber... also if your order isn't past processing, then there's definitely something wrong with it.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If your order has not shipped after 2 weeks, please send me a PM and I can investigate. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Hi
    I ordered my rift yesterday, I just want to find out how long it normally takes to ship to south africa.

    Thanks
  • cencsorcencsor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    leraffy wrote:
    Hi
    I ordered my rift yesterday, I just want to find out how long it normally takes to ship to south africa.

    Thanks

    I would say that you should expect it to ship about a week after placing your order.

    I ordered mine on the 6th of Feb and it shipped on the 12th. Still waiting for it to arrive, but I was pleased to see it was shipped out from Australia and has just arrived at the depot in New Zealand, so I should get it in a few days!! :D
  • @cencsor: Awesome, thank you
  • cencsor wrote:
    leraffy wrote:
    Hi
    I ordered my rift yesterday, I just want to find out how long it normally takes to ship to south africa.

    Thanks

    I would say that you should expect it to ship about a week after placing your order.

    I ordered mine on the 6th of Feb and it shipped on the 12th. Still waiting for it to arrive, but I was pleased to see it was shipped out from Australia and has just arrived at the depot in New Zealand, so I should get it in a few days!! :D

    Mine got to nz Friday and is now held for clearance at customs, have to wait til later today or tomorrow to get entry number so I can ring customs and get a notice number to pay the gst
  • cencsorcencsor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Rufus66 wrote:
    Mine got to nz Friday and is now held for clearance at customs, have to wait til later today or tomorrow to get entry number so I can ring customs and get a notice number to pay the gst

    Ha, nice man!

    Sounds like our rifts are both at customs then, got given my notice number today - but you'll find it's the entry number you need to pay the GST - should get this tomorrow :D
  • 1. I ordered mine on January 31st early in the day.
    2. They took the money out in full on January 3rd.
    3. They shipped out my OR DK2 on the 12th of this month.
    4. Tomorrow around 1-3pm GMT-8 I should have it. (I live in the US)

    Happy rifting everyone.
  • Hey guys!

    I would like to purchase mine to arrive on early June. What do you guys think is the latest date I should place the order to receive it around the first days of June? I currently live in Australia, QLD area.

    This information is necessary as I'll go back to my home country (Brazil), and almost everyone know how hard it is to ship something there...

    Regards,
  • alexslx wrote:
    Hey guys!

    I would like to purchase mine to arrive on early June. What do you guys think is the latest date I should place the order to receive it around the first days of June? I currently live in Australia, QLD area.

    This information is necessary as I'll go back to my home country (Brazil), and almost everyone know how hard it is to ship something there...

    Regards,
    I doubt the DK2 will still be available in June... They'll probably be taking preorders for CV1 by then. :?
  • molstermolster Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    alexslx wrote:
    Hey guys!

    I would like to purchase mine to arrive on early June. What do you guys think is the latest date I should place the order to receive it around the first days of June? I currently live in Australia, QLD area.

    This information is necessary as I'll go back to my home country (Brazil), and almost everyone know how hard it is to ship something there...

    Regards,
    I doubt the DK2 will still be available in June... They'll probably be taking preorders for CV1 by then. :?

    Thats very unlikley. Even if they were taking Pre-orders, it would not be out for a rather long time, Dk2 would still be available .
  • iAbstract wrote:
    You guys are all lucky. I ordered mine January 30th, and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Woo!

    I had an issue with my order around the 17th of January, and didn't get a notice from support
    (it took an email to cyber to figure out there was an issue, support left my ticket for a week... right up until a day after I emailed cyber)
    . So you definitely should email cyber... also if your order isn't past processing, then there's definitely something wrong with it.

    I've talked to them, and they say everything is good. It's not processing anymore, luckily, but the shipping label has been "printed" for four or five days now. Just hasn't shipped. :(
  • My DK2 is slated for delivery this afternoon. :D Here are my goals for this evening:

    Follow this setup guide: http://www.ilculto.it/cesare/info.eng.html
    Configure with the included demo desk scene
    Welcome to Oculus Demo
    SightLine Chair Demo
    From Ashes Demo
    Titans of Space Demo
    UE4 Living Room Roller coaster if I can handle it :geek:
    Riftmax Theater - watch a 3D clip
    Set up Virtual Desktop

    Besides the roller coaster, I'm trying to keep with more "stationary" demos at first to initiate myself.

    I have a folder full of other downloaded demos ready to be tried out throughout the week, but I've prioritized these based on their strong reviews.
  • sether01sether01 Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Welcome to Oculus and Sightline are two of my favorites ones. Personally, after you get things set up and configured I would do Welcome to Oculus, followed by the rest, finished off with Sightline, I think that would give a good experience from top to bottom.
  • sether01 wrote:
    Welcome to Oculus and Sightline are two of my favorites ones. Personally, after you get things set up and configured I would do Welcome to Oculus, followed by the rest, finished off with Sightline, I think that would give a good experience from top to bottom.

    I'll take your word for it and do SightLine last. Thank you for the recommendation.
  • molstermolster Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    anyone wanting to order on east coast, I recommended waiting.

    My oculus which should have got here today (after the delays already on oculus' side [super salty on that now, as it would have got here before the storms if it was not for that ;( But such is life :) ) is now delayed "indefinitely" due to the snow storms over here.

    It has not even made its first checkpoint yet. UPS is showing delays in areas where there is no snow due to areas that have it, So just check that info out.
  • For any still waiting, I live in PA.
    Ordered 2/6
    Payment sent 2/6
    Shipped 2/11
    Arrived 2/18

    Delivered on time. Can't wait to get home.
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    BluePotato wrote:
    My DK2 is slated for delivery this afternoon. :D Here are my goals for this evening:

    Follow this setup guide: http://www.ilculto.it/cesare/info.eng.html
    Configure with the included demo desk scene
    Welcome to Oculus Demo
    SightLine Chair Demo
    From Ashes Demo
    Titans of Space Demo
    UE4 Living Room Roller coaster if I can handle it :geek:
    Riftmax Theater - watch a 3D clip
    Set up Virtual Desktop

    Besides the roller coaster, I'm trying to keep with more "stationary" demos at first to initiate myself.

    I have a folder full of other downloaded demos ready to be tried out throughout the week, but I've prioritized these based on their strong reviews.

    You can't go wrong with a set list like that to start out with. :) There's really no setting up Virtual Desktop, you run it like any other app. It's pretty painless actually. My opinion: the best 3D in your face demo (and game) is BlazeRush. Be sure to check it out.
    Also , just to let you know, Sightline may be a bit juddery at times on lesser graphics cards.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • VizionVR wrote:
    You can't go wrong with a set list like that to start out with. :) There's really no setting up Virtual Desktop, you run it like any other app. It's pretty painless actually. My opinion: the best 3D in your face demo (and game) is BlazeRush. Be sure to check it out.
    Also , just to let you know, Sightline may be a bit juddery at times on lesser graphics cards.

    SightLine ran fine with my GTX 970. I actually preferred "Welcome to Oculus" and "From Ashes" over SightLine. SightLine was great, but I had to swing my neck around for 20 minutes straight! I see they have a mode where you can just press a controller button to advance instead of having to keep turning. I'll give it another go tonight in that mode.
  • IM-0242785IM-0242785 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I Ordered my Oculus 15 days ago and my account status still says "Ready". Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I've emailed support 3 times now and I keep getting this type of response

    "As was mentioned earlier, new orders are expected to ship within the 1 to 2 weeks offered on our website, however, please understand this is an estimate and that situations our of our control may cause delays beyond that."

    Any advice?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Hey man!

    Your order went into processing earlier today and will likely ship out tomorrow.

    Cheers.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • I ordered from Taiwan and the order still says processing for the last few days, but today I got a call from customs saying something arrived from Hong Kong for us, I was confused and thought it was something for the parents and told them to call them. Only after the call did I realize maybe the DK2 is coming from Hong Kong since there is a distribution center there.

    Now have to eagerly await a phone call back. If it is the DK2, 70 USD for a local shipping seems a tad steep, and the customs wanted to charge tax on it.
  • Just for the curious...

    Order date: 2/18/2015
    Processed: 2/23/2015
    Shipped: 2/25/2015
    Scheduled delivery: 3/2/2015

    Will be delivered to New York, New York.
Sign In or Register to comment.