cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Oct 28th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

You'll be happy to hear that we've fulfilled over 90% of all DK2 pre-orders!

If you've already received your kit, make sure to check out the new 0.4.3 software package for the latest updates.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
1,008 REPLIES 1,008

BluePotato
Honored Guest
My DK2 is slated for delivery this afternoon. 😄 Here are my goals for this evening:

Follow this setup guide: http://www.ilculto.it/cesare/info.eng.html
Configure with the included demo desk scene
Welcome to Oculus Demo
SightLine Chair Demo
From Ashes Demo
Titans of Space Demo
UE4 Living Room Roller coaster if I can handle it :geek:
Riftmax Theater - watch a 3D clip
Set up Virtual Desktop

Besides the roller coaster, I'm trying to keep with more "stationary" demos at first to initiate myself.

I have a folder full of other downloaded demos ready to be tried out throughout the week, but I've prioritized these based on their strong reviews.

sether01
Explorer
Welcome to Oculus and Sightline are two of my favorites ones. Personally, after you get things set up and configured I would do Welcome to Oculus, followed by the rest, finished off with Sightline, I think that would give a good experience from top to bottom.

BluePotato
Honored Guest
"sether01" wrote:
Welcome to Oculus and Sightline are two of my favorites ones. Personally, after you get things set up and configured I would do Welcome to Oculus, followed by the rest, finished off with Sightline, I think that would give a good experience from top to bottom.

I'll take your word for it and do SightLine last. Thank you for the recommendation.

molster
Explorer
anyone wanting to order on east coast, I recommended waiting.

My oculus which should have got here today (after the delays already on oculus' side [super salty on that now, as it would have got here before the storms if it was not for that ;( But such is life 🙂 ) is now delayed "indefinitely" due to the snow storms over here.

It has not even made its first checkpoint yet. UPS is showing delays in areas where there is no snow due to areas that have it, So just check that info out.

BenHogan211
Honored Guest
For any still waiting, I live in PA.
Ordered 2/6
Payment sent 2/6
Shipped 2/11
Arrived 2/18

Delivered on time. Can't wait to get home.

VizionVR
Rising Star
"BluePotato" wrote:
My DK2 is slated for delivery this afternoon. 😄 Here are my goals for this evening:

Follow this setup guide: http://www.ilculto.it/cesare/info.eng.html
Configure with the included demo desk scene
Welcome to Oculus Demo
SightLine Chair Demo
From Ashes Demo
Titans of Space Demo
UE4 Living Room Roller coaster if I can handle it :geek:
Riftmax Theater - watch a 3D clip
Set up Virtual Desktop

Besides the roller coaster, I'm trying to keep with more "stationary" demos at first to initiate myself.

I have a folder full of other downloaded demos ready to be tried out throughout the week, but I've prioritized these based on their strong reviews.

You can't go wrong with a set list like that to start out with. 🙂 There's really no setting up Virtual Desktop, you run it like any other app. It's pretty painless actually. My opinion: the best 3D in your face demo (and game) is BlazeRush. Be sure to check it out.
Also , just to let you know, Sightline may be a bit juddery at times on lesser graphics cards.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

BluePotato
Honored Guest
"vizionvr" wrote:

You can't go wrong with a set list like that to start out with. 🙂 There's really no setting up Virtual Desktop, you run it like any other app. It's pretty painless actually. My opinion: the best 3D in your face demo (and game) is BlazeRush. Be sure to check it out.
Also , just to let you know, Sightline may be a bit juddery at times on lesser graphics cards.

SightLine ran fine with my GTX 970. I actually preferred "Welcome to Oculus" and "From Ashes" over SightLine. SightLine was great, but I had to swing my neck around for 20 minutes straight! I see they have a mode where you can just press a controller button to advance instead of having to keep turning. I'll give it another go tonight in that mode.

IM-0242785
Honored Guest
I Ordered my Oculus 15 days ago and my account status still says "Ready". Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I've emailed support 3 times now and I keep getting this type of response

"As was mentioned earlier, new orders are expected to ship within the 1 to 2 weeks offered on our website, however, please understand this is an estimate and that situations our of our control may cause delays beyond that."

Any advice?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey man!

Your order went into processing earlier today and will likely ship out tomorrow.

Cheers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DarkLiberator
Honored Guest
I ordered from Taiwan and the order still says processing for the last few days, but today I got a call from customs saying something arrived from Hong Kong for us, I was confused and thought it was something for the parents and told them to call them. Only after the call did I realize maybe the DK2 is coming from Hong Kong since there is a distribution center there.

Now have to eagerly await a phone call back. If it is the DK2, 70 USD for a local shipping seems a tad steep, and the customs wanted to charge tax on it.