cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

lohan
Honored Guest
The title pretty much says it all. I would like to know if anyone here has already tried to run the dolphin emulator with the DK2. Some say it should work. If yes this one should give us hundreds of titles to try out during the "starving period" even if those Wii/Gamecube titles don't use the full potential of the DK2.
1,298 REPLIES 1,298

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Peteo" wrote:
So it looks like Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is very playable in dolphin now. Any possibility on getting this to work in Dolphin VR?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php? ... gue_Leader

Actually Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader Is working in dolphinvr (you got to build form sources) but there is a lot of culling and problems with the hud

Peteo
Expert Protege
Yeah, I tried it in the current build of Dolphin VR. It loads but the flickering is insane. Changed from direct3d to opengl, pull ups, efb to texture but it still flickers. Also the audio runs real slow, changing to dsp lle didn't help.

Guess I'll need to wait for a new build. Thats ok I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Peteo" wrote:
Thats ok I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait

jajaja cool fugazi reference

aminemo
Explorer
"fugazi" wrote:
"Peteo" wrote:
Thats ok I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait

jajaja cool fugazi reference

Hi fugazi have you tryed metroid corruption
Can you share your experience or make a a video play recording on YouTube?

cegli
Honored Guest
Was away for a bit, but I'm back now. I had a little time tonight and fixed one of the issues, and couldn't reproduce one of the others. I'm editing my post with the gating issues. Doesn't seem like it will be super hard to fix them all...

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cegli" wrote:
Was away for a bit, but I'm back now. I had a little time tonight and fixed one of the issues, and couldn't reproduce one of the others. I'm editing my post with the gating issues. Doesn't seem like it will be super hard to fix them all...

Welcome, we were missing you. Good luck with these fixes.

"aminemo" wrote:

Hi fugazi have you tryed metroid corruption
Can you share your experience or make a a video play recording on YouTube?

Hi aminemo, It runs very well with the 2eyeguy fixes and the Cullin codes, tonight I will upload some footage.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_xc8fhLtE

Still uploading, but I have to go to bed, it says 100 min remainig, sorry, spanish conection 😉

Actually there is some problems with the scan view and the charged beam, but thanks to the fixes of 2eyeguy and the cullin codes found by me, metroid prime corruption is in a pretty good playable state.
Performance is good on a i5 2500k OC 4600 - GTX 660, 2x native resolution, but the video judders a lot (sorry) because the record software, even at 1.5x native resolution.

TWhite
Explorer
Culling. It's culling. Why does everyone drop the g lol I feel like this thread is producing some new form of bad tech jargon.
CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 780

costersall
Honored Guest
"cegli" wrote:

Glad to hear you are back. I was just wondering if there was a new version of VR Dolphin. I wasn't sure where to check and if or the standard releases had vr support or not.

cegli
Honored Guest
Hi all! It's close. I just want to make sure there aren't too many little odd bugs before it's officially pushed out the door. I only had a little bit of time to work on it today, but narrowed down the cause of issue 1 to disabling the rift with the opcode replay buffer enabled.

I think most of the other issues are just documentation updates, clean-up, etc. I might have time to write most of the tool-tips, etc, tomorrow.

Edit: Okay, I've fixed all the bugs I listed before except:
-Loss of V-Sync/bad headtracking when changing resolution in OpenGL
-Show Avatar not working in OpenGL, which turns out isn't really a bug, just that 2eyeguy hasn't gotten around to writing it in OGL yet. I've noted this in the tool tips.

I finished writing the tool-tips, and updated the help as well. I'll probably do a bit more testing to make sure no new bugs popped up, but I think everything is ready for a release now :D.