Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATMAN: Animated Series for Gear VR

thaumus
Honored Guest
PLEASE GOD, let this be so-

http://render.otoy.com/newsblog/?p=641

I have been a huge fan since 93 or so of this, and I was actually thinking we might get stuff like this. When VR explodes in the next 12-18 months, every IP in the industry is going to leverage what they have for passive "theme park" like experiences for VR, as well as games. Think of it- - -Swing through New York AS Spidey. Drive IN the cockpit of the Batmobile. Fly over Arkham City. This is going to be heaven for people like myself, who grew up reading Batman in the 70s and 80s and dreaming of something like this.
15 REPLIES 15

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, this looks great.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gherron
Protege
Me? I'm really hoping to take some classes at Hogwarts or possibly attend the Great Council at Rivendell.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was a HUGE fan of Spiderman 2 for the first Xbox and PS2 for the fact it was the first real super hero simulator I experienced. The idea that I could webswing around a virtual NYC with complete control and actually get more skilled at it was a dream come true then that made it easy to dismiss any of the shortcomings of the game. It was a hit and spawned many follow-ups after it that would attempt to recapture that "wow!" feeling. I enjoyed them, but they never quite delivered what Spiderman 2 did.

Personally, as I played Spiderman 2 for hours upon hours just swinging around, I'd wish that I could be in there seeing it all thru Spiderman's eyes taking it all in as I swung around the city. There was just no feasible way to do that.... until now.

Between "Empire State of Mind" in Milk VR, the shot in 360 Photos from the top of the Empire State Building, and even the brief aerial swoop between buildings within someone's mind in the 360 Video trailer for the game "The Fifth Sleep" all gave a taste for what will sooner or later come together to offer up the next mind-blowing Spiderman simulator.

So yeah.. I totally get your excitement over the Batcave. 😉 The day that we've been waiting for is almost here.

thaumus
Honored Guest
@bleedingpurist

I remember that game, it was remarkable. I look forward to the same thing as well. Things are going to get crazy very soon with this new emerging genre, with all of our favorite properties taking advantage.

Speaking of geek stuff, did anyone notice the Hobbiton VR tour on Milk?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"thaumus" wrote:

Speaking of geek stuff, did anyone notice the Hobbiton VR tour on Milk?

Do you mean on IM 360? Yes. It lead to my googling it to find out more since it is obviously a tourist attraction now. Pretty cool, though expensive. You'd think you were paying for a visit to a full theme park.

CorvusVR
Protege
I got to try a demo at the Stanford Light Field workshop And it was very nostalgic. They had it running on dk2 and renders for Gear VR. Otoy is doing cool things. 8-)

Malkmus1979
Explorer
Anyone know what happened to this? Otoy had said it would be out in April. I'm guessing it has to do with the S6 launch, but would love to hear an update from them.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
Anyone know what happened to this? Otoy had said it would be out in April. I'm guessing it has to do with the S6 launch, but would love to hear an update from them.

I believe only the ORBX player was ment to come out in april what it did. Batman is rather sheduled for a winter release.

BruceLi
Honored Guest
http://render.otoy.com/newsblog/?p=641
For some reason this link isn't working for me. Says page not found. ..