New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

de_dust2

the5soulsthe5souls Posts: 21
Brain Burst
edited March 2015 in Showcase
Download: de_dust2_1.6_VR (~19MB, no sound)

I made a small exploration demo for de_dust2 from Counter-Strike 1.6. The scale should just be about 1:1 to the original map. After going through the map myself, things feel so different "in-person" than what I'm used to in-game.

Thanks to Dave Johnston for creating a map that's lasted for many years, and thanks to Abdullah Özköse for making the awesome map recreation in Google SketchUp.

I made some minor adjustments in Google SketchUp, and added in the proper lighting in Unity3D. There are still some little kinks throughout the map (textures, light seams, etc.), but overall everything should be okay!

If you have some more spare time, check out "A Summer Day in Japan" and "Escape the Room"!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Very nice. De_Dust2 was the best.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • uswinuswin Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    mother of god, you did it,
    this is like my childhood came true, counter strike 1.4 / 1.6 with de dust2 has always been a classic, i really remember every edge, every side which usually become a camper favorite spot.

this recreation is AMAZEBALL, so much nostalgia came out of it.
    the experience is very smooth, no judder at all.

any chance you guys made this CS exploration again with other map, such as de_Aztec, de_dust1, cs_italy
    I really really want to explore All abandoned CS maps.
  • the5soulsthe5souls Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    uswin! I didn't know you were on the forums, too! I was actually debating on whether or not I should've directly replied to you on the Reddit thread, haha! Glad you were able to find this.

I'll have to see with the other maps. I was lucky that someone else was able to recreate de_dust2 and place it into SketchUp. I simply made a few modifications just to make it work. I feel a little terrible for taking someone else's work.

And cyberreality, I want to let you know that you're a fantastic community manager. It might not seem like much, but seeing you on these forums and on Reddit all the time is great. I get a bit giddy every time you post on my threads, hehe. Thanks.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @the5souls: Awesome! Glad to be of service.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV