cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 on Raspberry Pi 2

multimedial
Explorer
Hello,

I have been looking into getting the new Raspberry Pi 2 hooked up to the DK2, so far in vain.

The state of affairs is the following:

both packages (the jericho SDK and weston-rift) did compile sucessully for the new Raspberry Pi 2 on ArchLinux
I got X installed, incl. dev tools
I can start X and I see the minimal desktop with three xterm windows
i can start weston from an xterm command line, yet the weston-launch,weston-flower,etc. all fail because of a missing parameter in libinput
Weston starts up an additional window, yet the graphics are fugly, striped and simply not right. I see a part of a desktop onto which I can spawn further terminal windows, but it is unuseable.

That's where I am at right now. Weston for the rift doesn't start up.

Has anyone more information on this? I am trying to use a Raspberry Pi 2 board as a cheap VR video player in order to multiply the output of a master HMD for other clients to see (incl. applying their local headrotation). The idea is to have the master encode an h264 video stream in realtime, multicast it, and have that stream play back on a VR canvas by the clients, thus alleviating a bit the motion sickness induced by the fixed view of the master HMD.

Any help or insights are much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Skelator
Honored Guest
What GPU have you attached? >;{}
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

multimedial
Explorer
Hi,

specs are here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ras ... 2-model-b/

From that page:
A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
1GB RAM
4 USB ports
40 GPIO pins
Full HDMI port
Ethernet port
Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
Camera interface (CSI)
Display interface (DSI)
Micro SD card slot
VideoCore IV 3D graphics core

From the Wiki page @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Broadcom BCM2836 (CPU, GPU, DSP, SDRAM, one USB port)

Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 250 MHz[35][36]
OpenGL ES 2.0 (24 GFLOPS)
MPEG-2 and VC-1 (with license),[37] 1080p30 H.264/MPEG-4 AVC high-profile decoder and encoder[1]

Skelator
Honored Guest
You might need to figure out how to attach a more powerful GPU. >;{}
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

multimedial
Explorer
well thanks but no thanks.

I got more powerful machines, that is not the question, I would like this to work specifically on the Raspberry Pi 2 for a very specific scenario I got in mind which does only need video playback, nothing else.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
I would like my mini to go as fast as a Ferrari - but there are issues! even before we talk about the sim-sickness!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Skelator
Honored Guest
"multimedial" wrote:

I got more powerful machines, that is not the question, I would like this to work specifically on the Raspberry Pi 2 for a very specific scenario I got in mind which does only need video playback, nothing else.

meh. >;{}

TomSD
Honored Guest
multimedial - people here are unlikely to understand what you're trying to do. You'd probably have more luck on a forum for Raspberry Pi users.
i7-4770K, 2x GTX 780 SLI, Windows 7 64-bit, Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0

SliderOverride
Explorer
"multimedial" wrote:

Wo, thats a nice idea, any new on this project ?

i have also a Raspberry Pi 2 and i like also to watch my 3D movies on it.

Please let me know if you found any solution.

thanks