cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Desktop 1.0 - Now available on Steam

guygodin
Protege
Virtual Desktop is a little utility that improves your VR experience on the desktop. By efficiently replicating your desktop into the Rift, the application allows you to see your desktop on a giant virtual screen. You can browse the web, watch movies or even play non-VR games. It also allows you to launch VR games and resume from them without having to take your headset off.

After you launch Virtual Desktop, a tray icon will appear in your taskbar. From there you can manage your list of games, change your settings.

You can also drag & drop executables or shortcuts to add more games to your list.

Requirements
- Windows 8 or 10
- Oculus 1.3 Runtime

Latest Changes
- Added ability to browse 360 photos
- Added mirror to monitor feature

Follow the link below to access the store page
Official website
Virtual Desktop Developer
1,844 REPLIES 1,844

guygodin
Protege
Thanks SirMcintosh for that solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hate to ask this question, but I cannot sleep by the anticipation - when will you release the next version you teased everyone with a while back?

guygodin
Protege
"Ruudscorner" wrote:
I hate to ask this question, but I cannot sleep by the anticipation - when will you release the next version you teased everyone with a while back?

Very very soon 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
"guygodin" wrote:
"Ruudscorner" wrote:

Very very soon 😄

Funny funny you 😄

SirMcintosh
Honored Guest
"guygodin" wrote:

No, thank you for this amazing program. I have noticed one thing there is a small edit to the solution because there is a order the steps need to be done.

1. Turn off Dk1 Legacy Support (make sure VD is not running)
2. Launch VD program and you'll get a error about direct mode not supported
3. Go back to configuration utility and re-enable dk1 legacy support with VD program still running with error about direct mode in the back ground and VD will see the oculus and function like normal.

Tested several times and it seems to be the easiest way to fix the issues with Dk1

Thanks Guygodin

anthonyp01
Honored Guest
I can get it to run fine and can see the desktop and setting menu. However when I add a game to the list and press play it's just stuck on launching and nothing ever runs? I get the text to speech saying it's loading but nothing happens.

I have also tried right clicking the game .exe and choosing load in the oculus rift but again nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated! 😉
Creative Director at CMSi & occasional freelance graphic designer http://www.door15studio.com

Sharkku
Protege
"Ruudscorner" wrote:
"guygodin" wrote:
"Ruudscorner" wrote:

Very very soon 😄

Funny funny you 😄

That WAS actually very very soon!!! 😄 Not "Oculus-soon"!
DK1 - previously owned DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24) CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day) Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)

VegasGh0st
Honored Guest
"SirMcintosh" wrote:
"guygodin" wrote:

No, thank you for this amazing program. I have noticed one thing there is a small edit to the solution because there is a order the steps need to be done.

1. Turn off Dk1 Legacy Support (make sure VD is not running)
2. Launch VD program and you'll get a error about direct mode not supported
3. Go back to configuration utility and re-enable dk1 legacy support with VD program still running with error about direct mode in the back ground and VD will see the oculus and function like normal.

Tested several times and it seems to be the easiest way to fix the issues with Dk1

Thanks Guygodin

Yes sir, sadly Oculus no longer seem to care about there loyal DK1 fanbase,
The new runtime breaks most all programs and demos with the DK1.
The only way to get anything to work is to try the above or some other convoluted method,
Runtime 5xx DOES NOT play well with the DK1.
Sadly this makes using this program or Unity 5, Among many others almost completely unusable for me.
Nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are having a problem with your DK1, can you post your own thread in the Reporting Issues section? If you have discovered a problem, I can create a bug report for it. From what I've been told, DK1 is supposed to work and has been tested with as part of the QA process before software releases. But it's possible something has slipped through the cracks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guy.

First congratulations for the app. I love it.

My suggest is for Curved Screen size. Actually the size depend directly of curvature. Is it possible make size independent of curvature?

I like a little curvature, but not so much. But i like size 😉