cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Rift

Monarky
Honored Guest
Hi I just submitted my game on Steam Greenlight. It is called Star Rift! I have been working on it for a few months now just for the Oculus Rift. Here is some stuff about it. Also don't forget to check it out on Steam give me a thumbs up if you like it. You can check it out! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137643526

When we first saw the Oculus Rift we wanted to make that one game that completely utilizes the potential of virtual reality technology as well as the PC. We wanted the game to be a complete real world experience from beginning to end. Everything will be about depth, colors and experience. While getting that great experience we wanted to make a cool journey that forces you to experience great places in the universe. At times you may feel like you are on a roller coaster flying through space. Whether you have the Oculus Rift or not we want you to feel like you are really in the cockpit of the Centurion 7 fighter. From the ground up it has been all about the Oculus Rift. We are also hoping that the community will help make this an awesome space game to test the Oculus Rift.
Story
This story is about Rod Conrad a test pilot for the Centurion Armada in the year 2099. Mankind just developed the first Star Rift Generator (SRG) that can transverse vast distances in a matter of minutes. While doing the very first test something terribly went wrong and instead of being around Jupiter, he has traveled thousands of light-years away. Rod has no clue where he is. Now he has to make more rift jumps to find his way home. He discovered that certain asteroids harnessed a type of energy that the SRG could use to make more jumps. Little did he know that he was about to partake in a journey that no man has ever been on before.

3 REPLIES 3

Duckaz
Honored Guest
Wow looks really good! Any idea on when it will be done? Because i'm a huge fan of space games since I got heavily addicted to Freelancer a couple of years ago lol.

JOHIsaac
Honored Guest
The Video and all Screenshots are 3rd person. If you are "Rift Ready" I assume there is a cockpit view as well?

Monarky
Honored Guest
"JOHIsaac" wrote:
The Video and all Screenshots are 3rd person. If you are "Rift Ready" I assume there is a cockpit view as well?

There will be a cockpit view. It has been scripted but nothing pretty to look at yet. 🙂

"Duckaz" wrote:
Wow looks really good! Any idea on when it will be done? Because i'm a huge fan of space games since I got heavily addicted to Freelancer a couple of years ago lol.

I also loved Freelancer. I am hoping to have a beta this summer. But nothing is certain yet. 🙂 If we get Greenlit on steam I will do the Early access