cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to play 180° 3D video

Mousmous63
Honored Guest
Hi, i'm dicovering my Gear Vr, and i'd like to know how to play a 180° 3D video?
For 360° it's ok, with TB or LR if in 3D.

But for 180°... (i have tried with 3D file, but maybe the same problem without 3D, but i don't think so, because the screen should be cut)
If the video is Top-Bottom, no problem, but if it's Left Right, it automatically zoom.

I use Oculus 360 Video, because in france, we don't have Milk VR.
But tonight i will try ton install it with Hola.

So if you could help me, it would be awesome.
Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

HomerS66
Expert Protege
In MIlk VR you can watch them by adding
"180x180_3dv" for Top bottom stereoscopic 3D 180° and "180x180_3dh" for Left right stereoscopic 3D 180° to the file name.

And dont use Hola as it apparently can not be trusted.
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/com ... e_company/

arno1970
Honored Guest
"Mousmous63" wrote:

I use Oculus 360 Video, because in france, we don't have Milk VR.
But tonight i will try ton install it with Hola.

So if you could help me, it would be awesome.
Thanks.

I use Vypr VPN (payed service) to download en use milk vr. Works perfect (also for netflix). (from www.goldenfrog.com)

Mousmous63
Honored Guest
"HomerS66" wrote:
"180x180_3dv" for Top bottom stereoscopic 3D 180° and "180x180_3dh" for Left right stereoscopic 3D 180° to the file name.

Thanks a lot, and i'v seen with Milk Vr you can move forward in your video...

And no way with Oculus app?

For VyprVPN what kind of subscription do you have?
The first one works good? (8 euros / month)

HomerS66
Expert Protege
Yes fastforwarding/rewinding works only in Milk VR for now. To download Milk VR you need VPN but only 1 time, so not sure if you really need a subscription, as you can start Milk VR also when you are in airplane mode or when you need wifi, you can start it from the phone oculus app and then insert the phone into Gear VR and it will then work aswell.

Gehga
Honored Guest
I have a video that is 180 degrees side by side, and I dont know how to play it properly in the oculus 360 cinema. I tried naming 3dh, and FileName_180x180_3dh and it doesnt work. Its 1080p resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

UdoG
Explorer
"Mousmous63" wrote:
"HomerS66" wrote:

In which way did you found the milk VR app? I installed VyprVPN, changed the location to USA (I'm living in Germany) and then searched in play store - no milk VR found. Where can I find the APK - maybe I can install the app manually.

Thanks for your assistance.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"UdoG" wrote:
"Mousmous63" wrote:
"HomerS66" wrote:

In which way did you found the milk VR app? I installed VyprVPN, changed the location to USA (I'm living in Germany) and then searched in play store - no milk VR found. Where can I find the APK - maybe I can install the app manually.

Thanks for your assistance.

The app is not in the Play Store but in the Gear VR store.

EyeKandeed
Honored Guest
I recently joined an Adult site (VRP), and downloaded some 180° mp4 videos. The 1920x1080 format looks good on the S6, but not great. I decided to try their Oculus format: 3000x1500, 50fps, 30mbps. These videos look incredible! I'm using the AAA VR Cinema player. Ultrasmooth playback and panning.