cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Shining Experience

Niq
Explorer
Relive one of the most terrifying scenes in cinema history in this experience demo for the Oculus Rift.
Play as Dany as he wanders the hotel hallways.

The demo is pretty short but if you play multiple times, strange things will happen!

More locations coming soon!!

**Full DK2 Support**
Download Link:
UPDATE [23/01/2015] Version 0.5

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tb3hj36dhzu9ohl/TheShiningExperience_V_0.5.zip

shiningScreen.png

Coming soon:
**Gamepad Suport
**Maze Level
**Endless running mode
**Elevator blood scene
**Party scene
**Kitchen scene
**Jack Torrance chasing mode

*some artistics license were taken : )
22 REPLIES 22

deHavilland
Honored Guest

Really like it! Looking forward to seeing the lobby (hehe, with Jack typing!).
Is the labyrinth in your plans, too? That would be tremendious, when I get my "virtualizer" this spring.

Mariah_Albert
Honored Guest
Wow, that's great work, can't wait for the rest to see..

molton
Explorer
Great idea. I was toying around with recreating this movie purely for demo purposes, I even managed to figure out how to do a crossfade from 2 scenes, both with head tracking, but that was just for demo purposes and would have been a really dumb idea to actually do. This looks awesome though, first person, in the scene. Maybe Willie Wonka boat ride next? 🙂

Niq
Explorer
Thanks again for all the comments : )
Glad you are enjoying the game.
Currently working on some small features and on the chasing gameplay, and I will also do a GearVR version.

will submit to the share store soon.

PhoenixVR
Honored Guest
Hi
do you know when it will be uploaded for the Gear VR??
Thanks 😉

Niq
Explorer
Sorry for the late response
I still couldnt get a Gear VR, but as soon as I get one I will release a version for it

Niq
Explorer
It´s finally updated on the oculus share store

https://share.oculus.com/app/the-shining-experience

with gamepad support!!

genetransfer
Explorer
love the original and the remake....I need the maze (actually the whole overlook - titanic detail-wise inspired) Adam savage build quality. downloading now and look forward to more (there is a market for this type of thing I'm sure - I love replica builds and wish there was a stream line way to override copyright issues (so everyone gets paid) to make this kind of thing viable for the indie and the public(enjoyment wise)).

genetransfer
Explorer
feedback after testing...

one thing i have experienced that may be worth exploring, is in locomotion make the pivot point the player root (even if in a vehicle). also cutting locomotion while yawing helps a great deal - for game pad get it yawing at the same rate as mouse to achieve the same thing - not telling you what to do but i found it make motion more comfortable in a vehicle and may be worth exploring.

I also didn't feel small, I felt like an 18year old in a scaled up environment - but i can't quite guarantee that's not what it felt like when i was young (memory is little shifty on that) but doesn't feel quite right - maybe build at scale and mod eye seperation.

maybe more atmosphere needs to be established. still cool just some constructive critique (others may disagree).

Niq
Explorer
Hey, Thanks a lot for the feedback : )
I will take it into account, for the next update!!