cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue with design of new camera!

saviornt
Protege
Desktop mounted camera. I have no desk to put it on 😞

Please, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE allow the camera to be unmountable from the stand, with a monitor stand attachment. This is my computer desk:

Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
28 REPLIES 28

Luciferous
Consultant
Have you not heard of duct tape 🙂

RiftXdev
Explorer
That looks like a hell man. Doesn't that thing scare the shit out of you when you get into it?
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

saviornt
Protege
It's not that bad. The side mounts are swivable. Regardless, I don't have a flat "desk area" that is available.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

RiftXdev
Explorer
yeah, you'll need to sort something out for sure. probably just mount it behind a monitor and have it peekaboo over the top.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

benplace
Rising Star
Major issue because one guy with a weird desk can't use it?
Get a proper desk...

lmaceleighton
Honored Guest
I bet it will have a regular Cam Mount hole like the DK2 Camera does. It would be silly of them not too, to accommodate people such as ourselves with non typical setups. I have a mini tripod I like to set mine up on as it will stand OR hug something I need to mount it too in a hurry. Also, I am wondering if it is any better than the DK2 Camera. If it is really the same in a new shell then the old one will work...hopefully. It would be nice if we could increase our tracking volume with more cameras as well.

~B

VizionVR
Rising Star
You can always mount a DK2 camera to the top of your monitor. :lol:
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

RedAndBlue
Honored Guest
On the website it says it has mount for standard tripod.

Docjonel
Explorer
Is that an Obutto cockpit for racing and flight sims? The triple monitor setup might be obsolete soon with VR headsets becoming the standard. They might need to make an Oculus-friendly version.