cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senza Peso Optimized

opamp
Protege
Edit*

new version availible here... https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=26398

As some of you know Kite and Lightning very kindly opened source Senza Peso a while back so I thought id have a go at optimizing it. And I can now get a very solid 75pfs on a r9 270x with 1920x1080 res and 'best' option in the menu.

I'd be interested to see how it performs for people and there specs.
Consider this a first pass as theres still a few audio issues and minor things to polish.

additional keys are,

'1' latency perfhud
'2' fps perfhud
'3' perfhud off

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et3m31k190avro1/SP-opampbuild1.0.rar?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgVPR4xFGgjbXgtRFJTMkdQQnc/view?usp=sharing

If anyones still struggling try the fast option which has less eye candy.
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.
18 REPLIES 18

BruceWright
Honored Guest
Thanks for posting this!!!

This is working WAY better than the old file... but I still have some poor head-tracking right when it seems like it's loading a new zone, or new video file. Any suggestions?

diogofigueiredo
Protege
Thank you very much for your effort!
I tried doing this myself, but I ran into so many problems that I gave up. I'll download your files now and give them a try.
I'll report back later.

EDIT: Reporting back.
This worked amazingly smooth, with absolutely no judder, on my i7 870 (2.8GHz) + GTX 970 + 8 GB RAM + Windows 8.1. Awesome!
The only problem I found was with the first two characters (the guy with the lamp and the one before him). The stereo video was being rendered inverted (left eye seeing what right eye should see and vice-versa), which looked weird. The big floating head has perfect.
It's really a shame the original song is not present, though. That really set the mood for the experience.
Owner of a DK2 since October 2014. Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.

opamp
Protege
"BruceWright" wrote:
Thanks for posting this!!!

This is working WAY better than the old file... but I still have some poor head-tracking right when it seems like it's loading a new zone, or new video file. Any suggestions?

Out of intererest what are your specs?

The hitch when level streaming is something im looking into.
I take it its the only time it lags?

"diogofigueiredo" wrote:
This worked amazingly smooth, with absolutely no judder, on my i7 870 (2.8GHz) + GTX 970 + 8 GB RAM + Windows 8.1. Awesome!
The only problem I found was with the first two characters (the guy with the lamp and the one before him). The stereo video was being rendered inverted (left eye seeing what right eye should see and vice-versa), which looked weird. The big floating head has perfect.
It's really a shame the original song is not present, though. That really set the mood for the experience.

Thanks for spotting that. It looks like L&R for the big head are inverted compared to the others. And your right its a shame they couldnt release the audio track but that was for obvious reasons. I thought about ripping from the original release but that seem's like it might be a bit of a sketchy thing to do even if it is being place in the same project.

The track I found is'nt too bad but if anybody has got any suggestion's for alternative music that could be used under a permissive license then please let me know.

diogofigueiredo
Protege
Please, don't get me wrong. What you've done is awesome, and I completely understand the music problem is not your fault. You even dedicated some time to find a replacement song, which I really appreciate. I believe what I miss is the "epic" style of the original, in contrast to the relaxing aspect of the one you chose.
Anyway, dude, thank you very much for your effort! I really appreciate it. You've gone as far as you could without breaking any copyrights.
Owner of a DK2 since October 2014. Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.

opamp
Protege
"diogofigueiredo" wrote:
Please, don't get me wrong. What you've done is awesome, and I completely understand the music problem is not your fault. You even dedicated some time to find a replacement song, which I really appreciate. I believe what I miss is the "epic" style of the original, in contrast to the relaxing aspect of the one you chose.
Anyway, dude, thank you very much for your effort! I really appreciate it. You've gone as far as you could without breaking any copyrights.

Dont worry I didnt. I genuinely meant if anyone has an idea for a better music track to let me know.

pedrw
Expert Protege
I chose the vr option but does not work...

ikrima
Honored Guest
Haven't gotten a chance to try it but this is awesome opamp !
Cheers, Ikrima Twitter Blog Kite & Lightning

diogofigueiredo
Protege
Hey, dude!
Are you still working on this? Did you rebuild after correcting those inverted videos?
By the way, I've been thinking about some nice royalty free songs to replace the original, and I came to the good old Carmina Burana (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4)
How about that?

cliffpeskin
Honored Guest
This is awesome. Well done. Definitely ran smoother than the original.
Using runtime 7.0 / win 10