cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Quiet.....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm it's all gone very quiet here...

Has all there has to be discussed been discussed?

Have we all run out of ideas??

Or are we resigned to the fact that we pretty much won't get anything out of Oculus until September?

It's not just Oculus... the entire VR industry has gone quiet... there is little to no news of any consequence...

Quiet before the Storm? :ugeek:
34 REPLIES 34

STUJAMR
Protege

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
I'll say it for the 10th time: This forum is ignored. (edit: I mean Oculus General Discussions, not strictly dev-related)

Want another proof?

Here:
http://www.reddit.com/user/palmerluckey
Want to talk about something?
This is fresh:

I'm convinced that the vast majority of VR-early adopters allready have a controller they are happy and comfortable with
Our extensive market research and actual data from devs suggests otherwise. Same goes for the idea that every VR user will want to buy Touch immediately - hardcore early adopters will, but the amount of motion controlled content out there will be limited at launch, and that won't change in the near future. On top of that, many gamers (especially the sim crowd) would rather invest in a HOTAS or wheel/pedals setup than 6DOF hand controllers. It does not make sense to force expensive hardware on people who won't use it.

I would eagerly disagree and present arguments why I think this is just another example of wrong direction, but... and here we step on the second reason of why the forum is quiet recently - we all got bored. We won't change anything no matter if we're just "whining" or present good arguments. All we can achieve is a change in opinion of some other forum users here, and
- there's not much of us
- we already know each other's point of view very well. The chances for persuading anyone with opposite opinion are extremely low.
VR is getting a really slow start, most important things will start to happen after a year from now (Touch), after 2-3 years (significant Touch/Vive content), or even later (FOV, resolution, room scanning, major PC hardware changes for VR, high precision for creative tasks which will trigger the revolution in creating graphics and animations etc.).
2015 is bo-rrrrinnnnng...
Recently I visited VRfocus page and all the news slots were occupied by "social something".
This is a really "slow news da.. month".
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Zandil
Rising Star
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/63701 ... eadset.htm

something to break the boredom

brantlew
Adventurer
In other news...you may have heard about something else happening this year. Just a little diversion. A little something called STAR WARS !!!!!!!!!!!

Luciferous
Consultant
I feel like:

Anonymous
Not applicable
"brantlew" wrote:
In other news...you may have heard about something else happening this year. Just a little diversion. A little something called STAR WARS !!!!!!!!!!!

I will watch it but I'm not too excited about it... Now if they announced a new Star Trek Series I would be 🙂

willste
Explorer
"Tim74UK" wrote:
"brantlew" wrote:

I will watch it but I'm not too excited about it... Now if they announced a new Star Trek Series I would be 🙂

We are overdue for another try at Star Trek. Its time for TNNG. Star Trek was always meant to be a series.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
"willste" wrote:
We are overdue for another try at Star Trek. Its time for TNNG. Star Trek was always meant to be a series.

This is JJ.'s last 'StarTrek' (moving to a producer role on future films after the next). That would be a perfect time for a TV (Netflick) series, especially as the 'Game of Thrones' franchise will be coming to a end. I just wonder how they would package it (totally different timeline (ala film), or new approach?)
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
It is about as quiet as usual in between announcements. A few new great demos out as well as the FlyInside FSX alpha release. The regulars are still posting pretty much every day.

Feels about the same as usual to me.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

VizionVR
Rising Star
"brantlew" wrote:

I prefer Turkish Star Wars over the original.

Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.