*Windows 10 Oculus Rift Error* — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

*Windows 10 Oculus Rift Error*

louiz123louiz123 Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in Support
Hello,
I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 about 3 Months ago I was playing on it on my Windows 7 PC,
Yesterday I downloaded the Devloper Windows 10 unfortunately it now says
Service Unavalible
The service is disconnected
I have tried all the normal stuff such as reconnecting unistannling and reinstalling and restarting PC
Please Help Me :/

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Windows 10 support has not been released yet.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    louiz123 wrote:
    Hello,
    I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 about 3 Months ago I was playing on it on my Windows 7 PC,
    Service Unavalible
    I have tried all the normal stuff such as reconnecting unistannling and reinstalling and restarting PC

Not sure if you've found it yet but this reddit thread sure helped me louiz.

A bit of a pain as it has to be done every time you update to a new build and there are some issues if you are running a kinect, but you should be able to get it working fine with a little trial and error. Also if you are running Nvidia you will have to downgrade your drivers to 350.12 so no DK12 for now.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the aforementioned method only works if you have an upgraded install vs a clean one. So if you are the latter, you are out of luck.
    Hopefully Oculus will have something available soon now that 10 has RTM'd.

Another Edit: Follow these instructions to get it happening on AMD as things are a little different.
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • and THIS is why I have not yet upgraded :) I knew Oculus would be borked. I have 1 year to get the upgrade for free and in no rush to upgrade now to 10 from 7. I will but I want Oculus to be out in consumer level AND nVidia drivers to have time to get more "mainstream" with the OS.
    Intel Xeon X5670 ( 6 Core, 12 Threads ) w/ Thermaltake NiC F3 CPU Cooler
    Patriot 12GB DDR3
    MSI Nvidia 970 GTX
    Gigabyte EX58-UD4P Motherboard (Latest Beta Bios)
    Corsair 750w PSU Gold Certified
    Intel Solid State HDD - Primary Boot
    WD Black Edition HDD
  • LhunLhun Posts: 188
    Hiro Protagonist
    louiz123 wrote:
    Hello,
    Service Unavalible

Not sure if you've found it yet but this reddit thread sure helped me louiz.

A bit of a pain as it has to be done every time you update to a new build and there are some issues if you are running a kinect, but you should be able to get it working fine with a little trial and error. Also if you are running Nvidia you will have to downgrade your drivers to 350.12 so no DK12 for now.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the aforementioned method only works if you have an upgraded install vs a clean one. So if you are the latter, you are out of luck.
    Hopefully Oculus will have something available soon now that 10 has RTM'd.

Another Edit: Follow these instructions to get it happening on AMD as things are a little different.

I'm glad my threads are helping people. Cheers.