Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Magazine attempts to destroy VR!

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
35 REPLIES 35

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Time does seem to have lost their touch with the cover photos. How did they get that pose out of Palmer in the first place? Did the photographer ask him to hop?

Edit: Also, are we allowed to shop this? I know sometimes they don't like us posting certain photos of Palmer, but this one is on Time Magazine. Eh, what the hell.

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
"Twitchmonkey" wrote:
Time does seem to have lost their touch with the cover photos. How did they get that pose out of Palmer in the first place? Did the photographer ask him to hop?

It almost seems intentional.....almost. But as George Broussard said, "...this is the worst PR that virtual reality could ever have." 😐

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
Please gather the best and create even better photoshops, and post them here. 🙂

PS. I don't undertand the drama. Palmer in a silly pose. The world will end.

Really?
8-)
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Cliff Blezinski has been gathering some good ones on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb), and there are some other good ones on the gamespot page.

Also, yeah, not a big deal really. It doesn't do anything to combat the concern that you look goofy when you are playing a game in VR, but people that are worried about looking cool when they're alone on their computer aren't likely to be early adopters anyway.

There are a huge amount of commenters on gamespot that seem to be very self conscious about how they look to the outside world while playing computer games. The gamespot comments have tended to be some of the worst on the internet for years, but I don't think I live on the same planet as these people. Anyone that's going to be around me when I'm playing a PC game by myself is going to have to get used to my goofiness at some point, it's not something you do as a social thing unless you're online with a bunch of other people wearing headsets.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
That has to be intentional! It is too amazingly nerdy to not be :lol:
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
@Twitchmonkey
Thanx 😄

Best IMHO:

Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
The Titanic one is pretty perfect.

obzen
Expert Protege
what's scary is any these could become 'reality'. :lol:
DK1 FREAK...

dubster
Honored Guest