cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Regarding 0.7 Release

cybereality
Grand Champion
The Oculus PC SDK 0.7 will launch next week rather than today, 8/20.

We’ll keep everyone posted on progress.

Thanks for your patience!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
131 REPLIES 131

Jesstella
Honored Guest
Bloody hell it's only delayed by a week! :?

If it doesn't already, can it fix the fact that I can't run Oculus with UE4.9, I need to demo next week 😄

benplace
Rising Star
This is actually good news. If windows 10 didn't work with 0.7 SDK then I doubt NVidia would post a website with Oculus SDK 0.7 Windows 10 drivers...

https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support

Skysearcher
Honored Guest
Now, all we have to do is wait for the 0.7 release somewhere next month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
cybereality, you've said this week 0.7 version will be launched, what day exactly?

cybereality
Grand Champion
There was no exact date given, but I'll be sure to post an update when I have more information.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Kangelos
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
There was no exact date given, but I'll be sure to post an update when I have more information.

Hi cybereality,

is it possible to give us some more information regarding the delayed SDK?
It would calm people up if you could share more about the current problems or
some clear info about windows 10 compatibility.
I am not demanding anything, i am just asking politely!
We are all waiting for the release of 0.7 and we are biting our nails off!

kojack
MVP
MVP
"lamour42" wrote:
Apparently NVIDIA takes the blame for the Oculus 0.7 SDK delay: https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support

Now if only the recent few Nvidia win 10 drivers (including the beta vr one) would actually install without failing! Or at least give an error message that says what went wrong, instead of just "Failed".

I've followed numerous guides on the net, but none work. Apparently the only reliable solution many have found is to reinstall windows. That's rather annoying.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Skysearcher
Honored Guest
"kojack" wrote:
"lamour42" wrote:
Apparently NVIDIA takes the blame for the Oculus 0.7 SDK delay: https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support

Now if only the recent few Nvidia win 10 drivers (including the beta vr one) would actually install without failing! Or at least give an error message that says what went wrong, instead of just "Failed".

I've followed numerous guides on the net, but none work. Apparently the only reliable solution many have found is to reinstall windows. That's rather annoying.

Hmmmm...worked fine for me. No problems at all. Try to install the drivers without antivirus and firewall.

kojack
MVP
MVP
After three days of trying, I was able to get it installed using safe mode, plus disabling a nvidia service I found active even though I'd uninstalled everything and deleted all of the nvidia files (the rogue service was probably the thing stopping it).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

mabsey
Explorer
"kangelos" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Hi cybereality,

is it possible to give us some more information regarding the delayed SDK?
It would calm people up if you could share more about the current problems or
some clear info about windows 10 compatibility.
I am not demanding anything, i am just asking politely!
We are all waiting for the release of 0.7 and we are biting our nails off!

lol

Obviously not polite enough 😛

Mabs