Message Regarding 0.7 Release - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Message Regarding 0.7 Release

Comments

• divby0divby0 Posts: 5
    LOL! If you're setting deadlines based off of an evolving SDK then you're a fool.

Tantamount to saying, "Please don't support the Rift; it won't be worth your time until 2016, if ever." to which I cannot claim to disagree, given the attitude Oculus has shown towards developers.
  • pedrwpedrw Posts: 759
    Nexus 6
    pedrw wrote:

Ask about yourself.Because you are always criticizing others?

I did not notice at the beginning of the post. Because I am very eager to upgrade. My DK2 crashed and I have hope that this solves the problem!

Please learn to be more tolerant of other people!
    How about this: If you learn to look at the front page of a forum thread that has the title, "Message Regarding 0.7 Release" I'll do my best to tolerate you more.

Perhaps you walk too distracted ... not everyone here speaks English and some are using the Google translator. So it is very easy to miss a few things!
  • Thanks for the update, i wish i saw this post sooner.

Keep up the good work, i know how it feels to have a deadline that you cant make because of something that was missed.

For the rest of you the people who are commenting in this forum, This product has not yet been released there will be bugs get over it.
  • AriejohannesAriejohannes Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I read the advice not to upgrade to W10 to late, that was my own mistake.
    I can understand that it takes time to develop a driver how also has to work with AMD and NVIDIA.
    20 years ago I saw the first 3D with a headset on a 16 bits PC. This never was further developed until Oculus came in a new PC era.
    What they, and also the game developers achieved in such a short time is amazing and changed my world.
    This cannot be 100 percent perfect and without bugs at the start because it is something complete new.
    So instead of criticizing I will be patience and give them the space and time to develop their products and software needed to let it function properly .
    Until Windows 10 is supported my Rift is heaving a break
    I wish the developers team all the best and success they need.
  • aspireone45aspireone45 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    wow.. i was checking the page 5 times a day.... this explains it :/
  • view3dview3d Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    how developers may be so stupid and lazy not adding windows 10 support if it can be done easy manualy with this metod http://riftinfo.com/how-to-make-oculus- ... windows-10 ??? they to lazy add shortcut after installation if windows 10 detected?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,453 Volunteer Moderator
    view3d wrote:
    how developers may be so stupid and lazy not adding windows 10 support if it can be done easy manualy with this metod http://riftinfo.com/how-to-make-oculus- ... windows-10 ??? they to lazy add shortcut after installation if windows 10 detected?
    "8) Switch oculus utility to extended desktop mode."
    Unacceptable.
    This thread is about 0.7. Not only is extended mode crap, but it's removed in 0.7 so this method is pointless.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,412 Valuable Player
    O.o Lots of new people ^__^ Please understand that there will be delays in software. This isn't like fixing a car and just replacing a part will fix everything. Please understand that it takes time to write code, pre test, go back to said code - redo it, and pre test again, then bug test - etc etc.

Thanks!
  • When Oculus first dropped Mac & Linux I felt sad, but gradually I'm starting to pity the Win devs who still have to deal with them.
  • lamour42lamour42 Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Apparently NVIDIA takes the blame for the Oculus 0.7 SDK delay: https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support
  • Bloody hell it's only delayed by a week! :?

If it doesn't already, can it fix the fact that I can't run Oculus with UE4.9, I need to demo next week :D
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 769
    Neo
    This is actually good news. If windows 10 didn't work with 0.7 SDK then I doubt NVidia would post a website with Oculus SDK 0.7 Windows 10 drivers...

https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support
  • SkysearcherSkysearcher Posts: 26
    NerveGear
    Now, all we have to do is wait for the 0.7 release somewhere next month.
  • cybereality, you've said this week 0.7 version will be launched, what day exactly?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    There was no exact date given, but I'll be sure to post an update when I have more information.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KangelosKangelos Posts: 103
    Hiro Protagonist
    There was no exact date given, but I'll be sure to post an update when I have more information.

Hi cybereality,

is it possible to give us some more information regarding the delayed SDK?
    It would calm people up if you could share more about the current problems or
    some clear info about windows 10 compatibility.
    I am not demanding anything, i am just asking politely!
    We are all waiting for the release of 0.7 and we are biting our nails off!
    lamour42 wrote:
    Apparently NVIDIA takes the blame for the Oculus 0.7 SDK delay: https://developer.nvidia.com/oculus-07-sdk-driver-support
    Now if only the recent few Nvidia win 10 drivers (including the beta vr one) would actually install without failing! Or at least give an error message that says what went wrong, instead of just "Failed".

I've followed numerous guides on the net, but none work. Apparently the only reliable solution many have found is to reinstall windows. That's rather annoying.
  • SkysearcherSkysearcher Posts: 26
    NerveGear
    kojack wrote:
    lamour42 wrote:
    Now if only the recent few Nvidia win 10 drivers (including the beta vr one) would actually install without failing! Or at least give an error message that says what went wrong, instead of just "Failed".

I've followed numerous guides on the net, but none work. Apparently the only reliable solution many have found is to reinstall windows. That's rather annoying.

Hmmmm...worked fine for me. No problems at all. Try to install the drivers without antivirus and firewall.
    After three days of trying, I was able to get it installed using safe mode, plus disabling a nvidia service I found active even though I'd uninstalled everything and deleted all of the nvidia files (the rogue service was probably the thing stopping it).
  • mabseymabsey Posts: 115
    Hiro Protagonist
    Kangelos wrote:

Hi cybereality,

is it possible to give us some more information regarding the delayed SDK?
    It would calm people up if you could share more about the current problems or
    some clear info about windows 10 compatibility.
    I am not demanding anything, i am just asking politely!
    We are all waiting for the release of 0.7 and we are biting our nails off!

lol

Obviously not polite enough :P

Mabs
  • No exact day given?

So take out the announcement on your main page, everyday we see 0.7 TO BE LAUNCHED AT August 20th

That's a lie. Please fix it
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 769
    Neo
    calamarisc wrote:
    No exact day given?

So take out the announcement on your main page, everyday we see 0.7 TO BE LAUNCHED AT August 20th

That's a lie. Please fix it

I agree, I am sure Cyber has seen posts about it still being up. I have a feeling the poor guy doesn't get much communication from engineers...
  • TrevorATrevorA Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    The Oculus PC SDK 0.7 will launch next week rather than today, 8/20.

We’ll keep everyone posted on progress.

Thanks for your patience!

When you say you'll keep everyone posted on progress, where are those info posts? I've seen nothing since this.
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    TrevorA wrote:

When you say you'll keep everyone posted on progress, where are those info posts? I've seen nothing since this.
    Maybe because there hasn't been progress that he needs to post about? I'm just guessing here...
  • True that, is like, Since the delay, nothing is being done about it.

Come on Cyber, we need some more informations
  • TrevorATrevorA Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2015
    TrevorA wrote:

Well that would be concerning if it was delayed for a last minute bug last friday and they haven't made any progress since.

Maybe because there hasn't been progress that he needs to post about? I'm just guessing here...

Well that would be a little concerning if they found a bug lsst Thursday and have made no progress since!
  • Wow, it was supposed to be launched on August 20th. Almost 1 week late and no progress?? C'omon
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The main blocking issue that caused the delay has apparently been fixed. Currently the software is going through QA just to be sure it's really solved and that there is nothing else serious going on. If everything checks out it should not be much longer. Thanks for your patience.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • So from the information previously read I am right to understand that tomorrow is the release date :?: One week from the 20th
  • Is that right Cyber? Can we expect 0.7 for tomorrow?