cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 0.7 Runtime and SDK Released!

cybereality
Grand Champion
The 0.7 Runtime and SDK have been released. Please see the release notes for details.

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/ ... r_Windows/

Please keep in mind that any content authored with SDKs prior to 0.6 will NOT be compatible. If you are a developer, it is highly encouraged you get the 0.7 SDK (or updated Unity packages) and recompile your application. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
237 REPLIES 237

glaze
Honored Guest
Just wanted to share that 0.7 Runtime is working fine on my 2013 Retina MacBook Pro (it has NVIDIA GT 750 M and Intel) on Windows 10 using NVIDIA 355.84 driver on DK2 even though I believe this computer has Optimus.

dekdo
Honored Guest
so i installed 0.7 on my windows 10 pc with the latest nvidia driver 355.84.. and basically none of my demos or anything work... is this the case for anyone else? I should say that the current exception is "7 nanocycles" Do all the old demos need to be updated to work for 0.7 runtime?

The "demo scene" works great... wooo

QUICK LOG
Display Driver Version: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found
Positional Tracker Driver Version: 1.0.11.0

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

HMD Firmware: 2.12

Connected to OVRService server.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, apps need to be updated. See here:

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... DK-Runtime
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kojack
MVP
MVP
"dekdo" wrote:
Do all the old demos need to be updated to work for 0.7 runtime?

Specifically nothing made using an sdk before 0.6 will work anymore, they will all need to be updated by their authors (which has varying amounts of difficulty depending on how they made it).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Madaras
Expert Protege
Of course that's to be expected, and when the next SDK comes out there's a good chance that games/apps will need to be updated as well. We're still in development after all. Lots of work left to be done.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, having a right shocker with Windows 10 and Oculus Runtime 0.7. I've upgraded to Windows 10 so need to update runtime. I completely uninstalled the current runtime, then tried to install the new one. But I'm getting the following error during install:

[LauncherService] Cannot start installed service: StartService failed. LastErr = 1056

I click OK and installation finishes but the rift is not working. There's no icon in the system tray. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know how to fix it?

phoenixdigita1
Explorer
I thought with the direct mode only for 0.7 there would be no more issues with apps not starting on the rift?

Installed the updated SDK today and started sightlines and it started on my primary monitor and not the rift.

odd.

kojack
MVP
MVP
"phoenixdigita1" wrote:
Installed the updated SDK today and started sightlines and it started on my primary monitor and not the rift.
odd.

Was it definitely the new 1.8 version of Sightline? It only came out 9 days ago.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

darthwilson
Honored Guest
Fortunately I have had absoluetely no issues with running runtime 0.7 on Windows 10. Games work a treat (unless built with previous versions). It feels a lot more stable! If only the older games and demos ran natively without having to downgrade the runtime.

CarlBrit
Honored Guest
OFF TOPIC

No idea where to post this question but can anyone help me source a new cable that goes into the dk2 sensor my pets managed to ruin it, and I don't know if its a generic cable i can buy online anywhere or if it's Rift specific?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/ ... nx06r2.jpg