Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom 3 BFG Edition

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
Latest version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101772879/Doom3BFG-VR4.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know what's happening with iD software and Oculus regarding Doom 3 BFG. And I don't know when we get our $20 steam vouchers to help buy Doom 3 BFG.

But we've been working on adding Oculus Rift support to the source code, since it's open source (except the Bink video playback). Our Rift's haven't arrived yet though, so it's a bit hacky.

We've got head-tracking working, but we haven't fixed the shaders or rendering for the 7" yet. Head tracking should work for real Rifts or for Hillcrest trackers.

Download (old version):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101772879/Doom3BFGTracking.zip

Source:
https://github.com/tmek/DOOM-3-BFG-VR
464 REPLIES 464

jrd3d
Explorer
the game runs buttery smooth at 75fps on my:
4.3Ghz i5
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
EVGA Superclocked GTX 780

the warping effect surrounds the fireball and the lost soul. It looks kinda cool at first, but you know that it is a glitch and it's not supposed to be there. Not a deal breaker by any means. Its like the atmosphere around the object starts to smudge or something like that. Not exactly sure how to word this abnormality.

Samson
Heroic Explorer
"jrd3d" wrote:

the warping effect surrounds the fireball and the lost soul. It looks kinda cool at first, but you know that it is a glitch and it's not supposed to be there. Not a deal breaker by any means. Its like the atmosphere around the object starts to smudge or something like that. Not exactly sure how to word this abnormality.

How is your anti aliasing configured? I did a very quick test, and saw the a glitch when MSAA is enabled (there is a bug in anti aliasing ), but have not been able to duplicate when AA is disabled.

jrd3d
Explorer
I turned off anti aliasing and that appears to have fixed the smudging glitch effect. I do have a question about the "set vr_ipdManual" command though. once I "set vr_ipdoverride" to "1", it removes the 3d effect and when I enter "set vr_ipdManual 64" all it seems to do is shift my gun to the side a little. The image remains 2d/flat. Is there something that I am missing? Sorry to bother. The work you have done with this is nothing short of amazing!

Samson
Heroic Explorer
"jrd3d" wrote:
I do have a question about the "set vr_ipdManual" command though. once I "set vr_ipdoverride" to "1", it removes the 3d effect and when I enter "set vr_ipdManual 64" all it seems to do is shift my gun to the side a little. The image remains 2d/flat. Is there something that I am missing? Sorry to bother.

The only thing you're missing is the bug I left in the code :oops:. The IPD offset for one eye wasn't being negated properly when using manual values - It's been fixed and the DL links have been updated.

No bother at all - I need to know when I've broken something.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@samson still waiting for the Hydra version with baited breath lol! I love testing things 😉

NATED066
Explorer
HI guys, I've been playing Doom 3 in VR for a while and it's great but, I'd love to play classic Doom and Doom 2.

The problem is, I can't seem to disable the VR. Every time I start it, it fires up in VR mode.

Any idea how to toggle it back? I've uninstalled, re-installed etc... with no luck.

Thanks,
N

Samson
Heroic Explorer
"nated066" wrote:

The problem is, I can't seem to disable the VR. Every time I start it, it fires up in VR mode.
Any idea how to toggle it back? I've uninstalled, re-installed etc... with no luck.

What version are you running?
If it's the test version I posted links to, from the console ( ~ key brings up console ) type vr_enable 0 (press enter) then restart the game. (Although it should have defaulted to normal mode if a hmd wasn't detected. Could have been cruft in the old config file)

If you're running standard Doom 3 bfg from steam, or 2eyes version, from the console type stereorender_warp 0 then from the game menu go to settings->3d options and make sure 3d view is off.

Samson
Heroic Explorer
"markcmiller" wrote:
@samson still waiting for the Hydra version with baited breath lol! I love testing things 😉

Good things are coming! ( Slowly anyway 🙂 )

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can run this mod with runtimes 0.6.0.1? Because the games start but dont recognizes the HDM, the blue light wont start.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
"ktoloco" wrote:
I can run this mod with runtimes 0.6.0.1? Because the games start but dont recognizes the HDM, the blue light wont start.

Works for me on 0.7, Windows 10. Not sure if that helps?