cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix problem? Stuck at 25%

nrollins
Honored Guest
The Netflix app installed perfectly, and the navigation inside is fantastic. But when I try to view a movie/episode, the spooling advances to 25% and gets stuck. Anyone else having this problem, or know a fix?
14 REPLIES 14

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you happen to be using a Bluetooth headset? Can you remove it?

Also, what phone and Android version are you on?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nrollins
Honored Guest
No bluetooth. Plugged in earbuds. Galaxy S6, Android 5.1.1

SpiderCenturion
Honored Guest
Had the same issue. Shut down all background programs. Completely close Netflix and start fresh. It takes a lot of resources it seems, so make sure it's only Netflix that's running

nrollins
Honored Guest
Nope. I shut down everything, restarted the Galaxy...nothing. Still gets stuck spinning at 25%.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do get the same issue when I take off the Gear VR while the video is running,

I simply close the app by returning to home screen and launch Netflix once again.

nrollins
Honored Guest
Still no one encountering this issue? I've closed apps, restarted phone, done everything I can imagine...playing movies still gets stuck at 25%.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Which region and carrier are you with?

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix app?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"nrollins" wrote:
Still no one encountering this issue? I've closed apps, restarted phone, done everything I can imagine...playing movies still gets stuck at 25%.

I encountered this today for the first time, when i tried to watch Netflix via 3G/4G instead of wifi. First i could watch normally then it buffered, played again, then buffered again and was stuck at 25%.

Using it via wifi i haven't had problems so far.

nrollins
Honored Guest
I'm in the USA, and the phone is WiFi only (we use it for corporate presentation purposes, and do not have the unlocked phone on a carrier.) The only thing I haven't tried is un/re-installing the app. I will try that and report back.