cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senza Peso Optimized build 2.0

opamp
Protege
As some of you may know I been mucking around with Senza Peso in my spare time and have just finished a second build.

This is build against the 0.6.0.1 SDK using UE4 4.7.6 .

Tested and working with 0.7.0.0 runtime.

additional keys are,

'1' latency perfhud
'2' fps perfhud
'3' perfhud off

r9-270x or equivilant cards should use the "Faster" option. Where as r9-280 and above can use the better option.
Theres practically no difference in visusals between the two options until you get to the last level.

This is a development build so the console is availible if you need to change screenpercentage or the like.

QAhead is intentionally turned off. Dont turn it on or performance will tank with the last two levels.

You can now use the original music!
If you still have Kite and Lightings original DK2 version(or you want to download it) you can copy a single file to have the original music in my build.
If you dont then an alternative track will play. Instructions below.

Locate the file "SenzaPeso_MIX_04.uasset" within the kite and lightning SenzaPeso Folder.
Path will be something like /SenzaPeso/senzaPeso/Content/MASTERALL/audio/
And copy to the Content folder of my build(this should be the root of the content folder).
i.e "/SenzaPesoOpampBuild2/SenzaPeso/Content/"

Downloads:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/txpl9bc88ntpsx2/SP-OPAMPBUILD2.0.rar

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgVPR4xFGgjeEFNbmRWdUhCdTQ/view?usp=sharing

Opamp
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.
18 REPLIES 18

acarrilho
Explorer
Wow, absolutely love this build. Couldn't really appreciate the ride before, but now it's something that I can show to really sell people on the Rift. Brilliant!
G3258 @4.4MHz GTX970 8GB RAM Windows 7 64

opamp
Protege
"BanjoIsland" wrote:
Hi opamp,

I was trying to play around with the Senzo Peso source code myself but running into problems opening it. I'm using UE 4.9.2 and VS 2015 Community. It's complaining that UE4Editor-SenzaPeso.dll is missing or built with a different engine version, but when I try to rebuild it, it fails.

Any ideas?
Thank!

I did have a 4.9.0 build but it was'nt as performant as 4.7.6.
As I recall I had to make a few more changes to the source to get it to compile something to do with colors IIRC.

heres the source folder for the 4.9 build I tested. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgVPR4xFGgjUE1ycEl1Y3VBYnM/view?usp=sharing

opamp
Protege
"Wildt" wrote:
"opamp" wrote:
"Wildt" wrote:
I've asked this in the thread in "Work in progress" subforum as well, but didn't get a reply. Did you cut down on the particle effects compared to the original? (quality settings respectively)

Regardless - thanks for doing this - much appreciated.

Sorry about that I must have missed it

To answer your question,
The larger particles were reduced to help limit overdraw. As well as a reduction in gpu particles amongst other optimizations.

Thank you for the answer. I know I'll come off as a nitpicker, but that really isn't optimising is it? That's removing content.

Give the user all the quality settings as an option.

No nitpickyness has been assumed. 😄

I guess you could say that isnt optimization(Im not sure id agree though 😉 ) but etherything else I did was.

Which on the game side included reducing draw calls for the boat, reducing unnoticable dynamic shadows, saving a few instructions of some material shaders.

and on the engine side included
Using a faster method of copying media textures,
and introducing "frustum culling" for media textures(media textures are'nt copied when not in view).

I might have a go at releasing a full particle version but the problem being is that it would be guess work on my part as I had to rebuild most of the particle LOD's as a lot of them were fubar(no particles showing up at all) after converting the original project to a later engine version.

Wildt
Consultant
"opamp" wrote:

No nitpickyness has been assumed. 😄

I guess you could say that isnt optimization(Im not sure id agree though 😉 ) but etherything else I did was.

Which on the game side included reducing draw calls for the boat, reducing unnoticable dynamic shadows, saving a few instructions of some material shaders.

and on the engine side included
Using a faster method of copying media textures,
and introducing "frustum culling" for media textures(media textures are copied when not in view).

I might have a go at releasing a full particle version but the problem being is that it would be guess work on my part as I had to rebuild most of the particle LOD's as a lot of them were fubar(no particles showing up at all) after converting the original project to a later engine version.

Information is king - thanks for the elaboration, you obviously HAVE been optimizing - good job!

Just a pity that the original vision of the artists got (very minorly) crippled along the way 😉

Now if you could somehow get the assets etc to get Surge going on 0.7, you'd be a local hero 😄
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

opamp
Protege
"Wildt" wrote:

Now if you could somehow get the assets etc to get Surge going on 0.7, you'd be a local hero 😄

He does have a website with an email address http://www.arjanm.com/
You could ask him nicely to update surge to 0.7.

failing that you could always PM arjanM over at the UE4 forums. Although he doesnt seem very active over there.

BanjoIsland
Honored Guest
Thanks for the source code, Opamp! This is awesome stuff! I've been wanting to figure out how you or the K&L guys managed to make this so smooth with such great graphics. I'm a beginner at UE4/game-making, and even opening up the basic first person/third person content examples seem to stutter on my system (< 50 fps) if I don't turn down the shadows and post processing to the minimum.

VRFUNBL
Explorer
Will this work on 1.4. I have downloaded and I can watch it on PC but I get nothing on oculus.

Jordy74
Explorer
This is awesome, thank you.
Works on CV1, setup instructions on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4ic351/senza_peso_working_with_original_audio_on_cv1_13/

Wildt
Consultant
There's a new official version coming soon: http://blog.kiteandlightning.la/senza-peso-resurrection/
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb