Protege
Update!!!

Links for most current versions below.

Single player demo:

https://developer.leapmotion.com/gallery/warlock-vr

Multiplayer demo:

https://developer.leapmotion.com/gallery/warlock-battle

Making game for Leap Motion 3DJam.

This is spell casting system I ended up today. Seems most stable and fun to play. What do you think guys ?

Some early WIP environment screen.

80 REPLIES 80

Luciferous
Consultant
That looks really good. My only problem is the Leap, not sure if I got a broken one but mine is useless at tracking hands.
Tried the calibration, light sources Etc.

alexcolgan
Protege
"luciferous" wrote:
That looks really good. My only problem is the Leap, not sure if I got a broken one but mine is useless at tracking hands.
Tried the calibration, light sources Etc.

Can you give me a shout at acolgan@leapmotion.com? Happy to provide support and (if necessary) help with an exchange.
Head writer @ Leap Motion

Abnormalia
Protege
I have bit more 1 year development experience with leap. You can do some really amazing things with it. You just need to know what scenarios work best and what not so good. Surely every hardware had limitations.

For me casting spells with bare hands is really amazing experience and for the moment no other device allows me to do same.

p.s.

Last year I was really missing image hands. I did some hacks but they were not working stable for last 3D jam. Seeing your own hands in VR really adds another level to immersion.

Abnormalia
Protege
Updated our spell casting system using Leap Motion. I feel demigod now, so much fun !!!

Force is strong with me 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star
This is awesome! :shock: :shock: 😮

grodenglaive
Honored Guest
looking forward to trying this out
GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2

Abnormalia
Protege
Update #3:

Some new screens and Video:

Abnormalia
Protege
and GIF as well 🙂

Abnormalia
Protege
p.s.

What to call demo: BattleMageVR or WarlockVR ?