cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store does not show up!!

BruceLi
Honored Guest
I don't know why but for some reason my store stopped working since yesterday. I purchased bable rising 2 days ago and all was fine and then i tried to access the store, but all i see is the loading circle. The circle keeps going but the store never comes up. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a cure for the problem?
30 REPLIES 30

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great to hear. Anyone else that was having the issue, please try it and report back. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is partially solved for me...
The store definitely works now!

The original problem I had still persists:
"kilogold" wrote:
Everything is exactly as described by OP; I can use the GearVR just fine, but the VR store never loads. The non-VR store does launch just fine. Nevertheless, I cannot find Netflix on the non-VR store.

Following this guide (https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/articles/211153777-How-to-watch-Netflix-on-the-Samsung-Gear-VR), I am supposed to expect the Netflix app on the home screen.
What I see is all of the main panels populated, except for one which is blank (which I assume is the Netflix panel).

Since I am unable to take a screenshot, consider the following web image:

The bottom left panel (ORBX Media Player) is the one that is blank for me.
I scanned all across the vr store, and found no Netflix app.

I understand that if I can see the store now, I do have the latest version.
Aside from that, I had already reinstalled all of Oculus/GearVR software:
"kilogold" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
Try uninstalling these Oculus apps:

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... -software-

I tried reinstalling again, this time, following all the steps outlined in the guide.
I even rebooted the phone after uninstalling everything.
After rebooting, I reinstalled.
Still have the problem. Is there something I can provide to investigate? Maybe a log?
I can logcat, but would not know what flags to filter by...

I can give you any information you need from my device as well.
Also, I would like to correct... I actually have Android 5.0.1 (not 5.1.1 as stated in my previous post)

EDIT:
FWIW, some of the services were showing "Uninstall Updates" where the "Uninstall" button is.
Afterwards, it was simply a greyed out "Disable". Since there's nothing else I could do, I would assume that's what I'm expected to do.

Before --
http://puu.sh/lqnii/6f7e633e13.png

After --
http://puu.sh/lqniY/b0f9d3172a.png

(Pay no mind to the time. I took the screenshots in the wrong order)

I am running on, as stated on the guide,
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Lollipop firmware (5.0.1 or newer).

Not sure if this is a related issue or one that warrants a separate thread...?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you open NetFlix from the phone app before you dock the headset?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Docjonel
Explorer
The store is back for me and appears to be working. Thanks for the quick resonse!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cybereality" wrote:
Can you open NetFlix from the phone app before you dock the headset?

This would assume I have downloaded the app already.
As stated & quoted on my last post:

"kilogold" wrote:
Everything is exactly as described by OP; I can use the GearVR just fine, but the VR store never loads. The non-VR store does launch just fine. Nevertheless, I cannot find Netflix on the non-VR store.

Are you referring to the Netflix defacto Android app everyone uses? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient)
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...

I tried checking the Oculus store again (both vr & non-vr). I don't see it in the store.
What section should it be under (I searched all of them)?
There is every indication and documentation that I should expect to see it quite obviously displayed on the store.
Maybe a screenshot of where I can find it?
Nevertheless, I can guarantee I don't have Netflix...

FWIW, Netflix just became available in Italy (where I currently am) a few weeks ago.
Not sure if there is some regional store catalog filtering... I saw a post that someone from UK was able to download it just fine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may be on a old Store version. Can you uninstall these apps and reinstall.

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... -software-

brotho
Honored Guest
I had a bunchof updates to all worked successfully but 360 stories has vanished both on the phone and headset. I've searched for it to reinstall on app and store no luck

drash
Heroic Explorer
"brotho" wrote:
I had a bunchof updates to all worked successfully but 360 stories has vanished both on the phone and headset. I've searched for it to reinstall on app and store no luck

360 Stories is gone for me as well (it was in my library at one point). Perhaps the developer pulled it from the Store?
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

brotho
Honored Guest
Hi on my phone the new concept section is displayed in both store and library but when I put on the headset it's no where to be found have I missed an update. Oculus and oculus home are running version 1. I was able to update a number of apps just the other day

drash
Heroic Explorer
"brotho" wrote:
Hi on my phone the new concept section is displayed in both store and library but when I put on the headset it's no where to be found have I missed an update. Oculus and oculus home are running version 1. I was able to update a number of apps just the other day
I don't see the Concepts stuff in Oculus Home either (the VR version of the store), but if you download it via the 2D Oculus app you can just launch apps from your library in VR.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com