iRacing support has died? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

iRacing support has died?

AntDX3162AntDX3162 Posts: 839
Trinity
edited December 2015 in Games and Apps
I haven't played that game with the Oculus Rift since 0.6.0. 0.7.0 obviously doesn't work and 0.8.0 doesn't work.

I resubbed for 1 year on blackfriday for $49. I haven't played that game for months have and have hundreds of dollars invested. I did it because when CV1 comes out early next year I won't have to buy another sub for $99.

I'm sure support for 1.0.0 will exist.. I'm not sure why the iracing people stopped caring about making it supported..

I can't even find information of it wanting to be supported or any hacks to make it work.

Maybe when they said something about hacking.. there's an exploit that it's linked to..

The world is weird.
facebook.com/AntDX316

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,990 Valuable Player
    does it work in steamVR?

i know natively DX9 support has been canned in the rift, however some games which are other wise incompatible with SDK8 are actually playable using steamVR.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • sabyyysabyyy Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    AntDX3162 wrote:
    I haven't played that game with the Oculus Rift since 0.6.0. 0.7.0 obviously doesn't work and 0.8.0 doesn't work.

I resubbed for 1 year on blackfriday for $49. I haven't played that game for months have and have hundreds of dollars invested. I did it because when CV1 comes out early next year I won't have to buy another sub for $99.

I'm sure support for 1.0.0 will exist.. I'm not sure why the iracing people stopped caring about making it supported..

I can't even find information of it wanting to be supported or any hacks to make it work.

Maybe when they said something about hacking.. there's an exploit that it's linked to..

The world is weird.

Check the forum. There is a dedicated section for VR.
    It works up to 0.6.0.1 and there are plans to implement more recent runtimes.
  • deanogurdeanogur Posts: 456
    Nexus 6
    iRacing has said that they are working on VR support but, not to expect anything before SDK 1.0 and/or the CV-1 arrives.
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    They are doing much the same as Frontier for Elite, just allowing basic functionality with each SDK, when 1.0 is eventually released, both development companies will go hell for leather getting them fully functional ready for CV1.

Have you tried it with 0.8 or SteamVR?
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • Really should just check the iracing forums (they even have a dedicated VR sub-forum now).

A.) As others have stated, it's still playable with an older SDK.

B.) They're definitely working on updating it. The main problems are each update is a significant change. So it's forcing them to dedicate resources to a moving target that's quickly going to be replaced.

C.) The biggest issue for the stall right now is that CV1 doesn't even support DX9. As it stands right now, iracing would be incompatible with CV1. Much of iracing's technical focus right now is on getting iracing updated to DX11. And they're implementing the latest SDK's with that testing. It's just not available to any one of us. Honestly, it's the best use of resources for them. DX11 has to be live for CV1 support anyways. And if you want to play the DK2 today, you can simply use an older SDK (people make utilities that easily allow you to switch between SDK's on your computer.
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    There you go, thanks Paul.

To be honest I have membership, all tracks and cars until April next year I think, but haven't played the game since it hasn't been supportive with the recent SDK's. I'll probably head over to the forums for an update, maybe reinstall the game and play on a flat square screen for a change.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE